“A Place with Integrity”

Rainbow Hearth Sanctuary and Retreat
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burnet
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I have stayed at Rainbow Hearth many times and always had a good experience! But it wasn't until I took a vacation and stayed at other small inns that I realized how much I appreciate all that Rainbow Hearth has to offer. I have never had trouble booking Rainbow Hearth or had mistakes on the bill. If something needed to be fixed, like changing a burnt out lightbulb; it was done promptly. Someone is available to answer questions and they always get back to me promptly if I leave a message with a question. The room is immaculately cleaned before arrival and it requires no maid service during the stay. I prefer to have my privacy and make (or not make) my own bed. There are plenty of snacks, juices, milk, and yogurt in the refrigerator, many choices of hot tea, and of course, hot coffee to enjoy with real mugs, plates, and silverware. I stayed at several small inns on my recent vacation and unfortunately, I had problems at each one. It was not very relaxing to come home and find that I had been charged twice. I found out that places can have a wonderful view, but... If the place isn't run with integrity by people who are willing to work hard, it can put some unpleasantness into your stay that is hard to forget. I am glad that I know about Rainbow Hearth Sanctuary and Retreat. I have never been disappointed with a stay there. I will be returning often!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
rainbowhearth, Owner at Rainbow Hearth Sanctuary and Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you so much! These details are very important to us, and we always aim for the quality you describe. [Occasionally we miss the mark, and when we do, probably no one is more dissatisfied than we are!]

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is a great getaway with views of the Lake. It's quiet and relaxing. The food is healthy and tasty but not much choice if you like a variety of foods and flavours/cuisines.
The chocolate is homemade which was the best part of the "included meals".

I would recommend taking some snacks if you are a food lover.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We sorely needed a quiet, semi-remote place to unwind, decompress and reconnect. We found it at Rainbow Hearth.

We rented the Sunset cottage, the most private of the lodging options, other than the Treehouse Yurt, which was already booked. The Sunset cottage had an incredible private deck where we spent much free time reading, drinking wine and talking. The sleep number beds were comfortable and the rest of the bedding was clean and in good condition.

What it is not: a splashy spa, filled with commercial luxury, though you can book a massage - either as part of a package or separately (we did the couple's package).

What it is: Comfort and peace. A quiet spot on Lake Buchanan, nestled deep in the oaks and Mountain Laurel tree down a long, rough and somewhat remote road. It is a place for couples to discover or rediscover each other or a place to go an meditate pray and detox from the outside electronic world. If you write, this would be a great place to do so. They do have wifi, which we did not use (discovered too late) and there was good Verizon coverage.

Surprises: rainwater (properly filtered etc) for drinking, and delicious food. Simple, yet incredibly tasty, gluten free and veggie-centered from their own garden, when possible.Somehow, I had the idea it would be more institutional style food, instead it was home-cooked by Victoria (I think) who steadfastly refused to divulge the recipe to the excellent homemade chocolate bars for dessert.

Downsides: the only downside to speak of was the Hottub. For whatever reason, the smell of chlorine was too overpowering and so we avoided using.

Advice: If you book the Treehouse Yurt, you will have to carry whatever you have up a reasonably steep path, perhaps 50 yards so know ahead of time. In retrospect, given the full cooler we brought, the Sunset was the best option as parking was right next to the door.

All in all, we loved it and wished we had 3 days instead of just two. Will definitely come back given the opportunity.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I was looking for a place to unwind with beautiful scenery. I did not realize how much I needed something like this. The body work helped me so much and it was incredible to be able to hear the lake in the morning. There was even a painted bunting. I will definitely be back. Thank you Mariah

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

For a local vacation of peaceful, rest and relaxation with a Texas hospitality...this was the place!
Great nutritious, organic, home style cooking. It is so serene and restful here. Things definitely slow down and the view of the lake is breathtaking, especially at sunrise! Awesome! The resident dog greets you when you arrive and is always a will to accompany you on a hike. He really knows the trail and is very lovable. A very nice to get away from it all without getting on a plane trying to get out of Texas.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnet
22.8 km away
34.2 km away
Markward Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
37 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls

Been to Rainbow Hearth Sanctuary and Retreat? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK