“Bad experience”

Holiday Inn Express Big Spring
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stay in Big Spring every other month with my company, and this was my first with Holiday Inn Express. The stay was going ok breakfast was ok rooms were fine the problem I had was with the staff. When I received my bill I noticed a $250 dollar charge when I asked the manager what this was I was informed they found a Cigarette butt in my window. Normally I would assume you could talk to management with a pleasant result but that did not happen. I explained that I don’t smoke and it must have been there or something. I was not only informed that they would not be removing the charge but if it was there I had to be smoking in the room. I was very unhappy with this and felt completely screwed by this hotel. I even called the corporate number and no one seems to care. I guess $250 dollars is worth losing future business of 1600 dollars every other month.

Room Tip: Go to one of the other Hotels in Big Spring
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Michael Y
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Michael Y,

Thank you for leaving a review. When we find evidence of smoking in a non smoking room. We must close that room for the night and have a specialized team come in to deep clean everything. This is the reason for the charge. I am sorry this has inconvenienced you.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is a great hotel to stay in. The staff is always very friendly, the hotel is very clean, and breakfast is great. I wish I could find places like this at every stop I make.

The water quality in Big Spring is pretty terrible, but the HI staff have added a water softener to their system. It is a big improvement and was very noticeable from my previous stays here.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the south side of the building you'll be away from the busy interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We made the reservations on the road from fort worth to big spring. The lady i spoke with was very helpful and accomodating, even making a note to the staff to put us close to my in-laws when we got there late that night. We were only three doors down from ma and pa, which was great, considering how late we checked in! The room was spotlessly clean, the bed was comfy, and there was no ambient animal smell like some pet-friendly hotels have. Our puppies had a great time, too! My kids, hubby, and in-laws enjoyed the full breakfast the next morning. I chose sleep over food. Overall, this hotel is very well managed and staffed. Good work for a stopover in the middle of nowhere!

My only caveat: don't eat at the truck stop across the street. Ick.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This is a little gem, the staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome.
The beds are awesome, soft and smell clean and fresh.
Breakfast was a treat, bacon, eggs and hot toast, with coffee better than Starbucks, what more could you ask for. I will definatly be back.

Room Tip: Just ask, the staff are so helpful.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed here one night. We were very happy with the room. We had a King bed with a sofa in the room. The towels were nice and fluffy. The breakfast has pancakes and bacon and eggs along with the usual cereal, toast, muffins, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
tdumont81, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We appreciate guests like you, if you are ever in our area again please come back and see us!! We would love to have you again!