“Great Beer and Good Hearted People”

Huff Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Bellville
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden away in the heart of Austin County, Texas, Huff Brewing Co. built its reputation on small-batch beers and a constantly rotating portfolio that changes with the seasons. The Huff family has been brewing beer on the property for more than a decade, and what was once a farmhouse chore grew into a professional craft. Today, freshly-brewed beer is served in the brewery's designated taproom: the same location it was once brewed in countless bottles over the years.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This little brewery is a great place to unwind and have a great Pint. They have several mainstay beers and even a couple of seasonal brews rotating as well. The brewery is set in the country so don't expect a bright shiny urban brewery. Ryan and Christine always have a smile on their faces and they treat you like family. Ryan will even take the time to discuss his brewing techniques. It only open on Friday and Saturday evenings, so check their facebook page to be sure before you make the drive, but the experience is well worth it.

1  Thank Dennis H
"breweries"
"country"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Breweries are usually associated with larger cities and urban sprawl. Many of them offer quick access using public transportation and some feature views of the city and surrounding areas. Then, there is Huff Brewing, an out-of-the-way brewing operation located near the small town of Bellville, Texas.

Huff Brewing is a country brewery and it took me by surprise when I first visited. I came here to visit for purposes of writing about Huff Brewing in my blog, Great Beer Now but I didn’t do any prior research and didn’t know what to expect. I continued on toward the brewery, following gps directions and I was convinced the directions were not correct because I was heading further into the country. Then, I saw the signs pointing to the brewery and discovered that Huff Brewing is a rural brewery in every sense, complete with farm animals, open fields, and fresh breezes.

The tasting room and brewery at Huff lean toward the smaller side. The exterior looks like a large trailer but once you get indoors, you will find that the space is larger than it looks. Expect to find four beers on tap. You can order larger servings if you like or opt for a flight sampler, with a small serving of each. There are sometimes food trucks on site as well, but otherwise you will need to arrive with a full stomach or bring your own food with you.

The personnel at Huff Brewing are friendly and they will tell you all you need to know about the beer, the brewery’s history, and the future. It’s a family- friendly setting as well, making it a good choice for a quick country getaway. It’s a nice little brewery with some good- tasting suds and it’s a place worth a visit if you want to get away from it all.

1  Thank Great_Beer_Now
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Definitely check this place out. Family friendly and great beer. On Fridays they usually bring in a food truck. Ryan will even give you a tour of the place, when not busy. Very very nice!

1  Thank jenny4480
Reviewed 4 October 2016

my first experience here and...IT WAS truly amazing! No, traffic, no noise, only that peaceful country sound. The best darn beer on the planet not even kidding. Hats off to to you Ryan!!

1  Thank Jesse N Gayla C
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2016

My wife and I were hesitant to visit this place after seeing another review talking about how rural the facility is. We decided to go anyway as we were staying in Bellville for the night with some friends before a wedding and didn't have much else to do in this little town. We're really glad we went.

After we arrived, we could see what the problem was from the start. It's buried out on in the country, almost remotely, at the end of a long dirt road. The facility is pretty much a large barn with some tables outside, nothing more. The building has no AC either. If you're looking for a super-classy facility or something state-of-the-art like some other breweries in the Houston area, don't bother coming out here.

Once we got inside, though, everything changed. The bartender is Ryan, who also brews the beer (and from what I can tell owns the business, cleans the floors, scrubs the toilets, etc. etc.). Apparently, the whole operation started on their family's farm (where it still is today) and just took off faster than they expected. He was extremely pleasant to talk to, worked us through the beers on tap, explained how he brews, and so on. We were the only visitors at the time, so we had a great conversation. He also let us taste some of the test beers he's working on, which was kind of neat, and showed us his herb gardens in the back that he uses in some of his specialty beers. All the beer we had was excellent, and my wife...a wine drinker...found one she was fond of. We bought two bottles of that ale to take back with us.

If you're looking for something big and fancy, skip coming out here. But if you're looking for an authentic brewery experience, I'm not sure you can get much better than this place.

3  Thank sbehrin