“Great burger and Fries”

Roadhouse
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Roadhouse Bastrop has been voted the "Best Burger in Bastrop" for 10 years in a row. Serving up honest food and good old-fashioned service since 2004!
Reviewed 14 February 2016

Located right outside Bastrop State Park it is the perfect place to undo all the good you did hiking through the park. We visited on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in the middle of February and sat on the porch enjoying the weather while we ate. The restaurant was busy but we did not have to wait. We both ordered burgers and fries which were delivered quickly. Both burgers matched the statement on the menu and were very well cooked to medium well maintaining plenty of moisture. The burgers themselves were great and the French fries were very good. The only issue was both the bottom buns were a little thin which made it hard to eat if you actually put the burgers down between bites.

Overall I would definitely recommend it and we will be back.

Amy B, Owner at Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thanks for dropping by during your trip from Pearland, Joe! It's fantastic to hear that, in addition to enjoying your burgers and fries, you got to experience the outdoor patio on such a beautiful February day. Sorry to hear the bottom of your bun was cut too thin. This isn't a common issue, so I know you'll enjoy your burger all that much more on your next visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

We were passing through and had heard about the great hamburgers! Everything we'd heard was true!! We stopped on a Sunday just after noon. The place was packed, but we were able to get a table quickly! Our service was fast and polite! My husband ordered the jalapeño cream cheese burger (with grilled jalapeños). He loved it! I ordered the avocado burger,...very tasty, but will probably try a different one next time! Sweet potato fries were great! We'll be back!

Amy B, Owner at Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Ah, Lynda, so glad you had a chance to make it out on your way through town. We do our best to keep the line moving so that everyone can enjoy their meals as quickly as possible, so it's wonderful to hear that you found the service to be quick and attentive. Glad you both thoroughly enjoyed your burgers and that you had a chance to try the sweet potato fries during your visit. Can't wait to see what you think of our other burgers.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

We are on a motorcycle trip and decided to stop here for lunch. The service is fast and food is good. I had Cobb salad fresh and tasty. Hubby had the wings, but wasn't crazy about them. Prefers hooter wings I think. Lol
Would like to try the burgers. Weather is perfect for end of january. Ate on the porch.

Amy B, Owner at Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Hey, Carol! I'm glad you two rode through on such a beautiful January day. Although your husband wasn't the biggest fan of the wings, I'm glad you thoroughly enjoyed the salad and that you both experienced exceptional service. Our burgers are what we're most known for, so I'd love to see what you two think of those next time you come out.

Until then,

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

I had the Destruction Burger!! My brother had the jalapeño cream cheese burger, sil had the Lydia chicken sandwich, and my mom had the avocado cheeseburger!! Everything, including fries, sweet potato fries, and the fried pickles were all AMAZING!! So was the rustic Texas decor.... And our sweet waitress Cierra!!!!

Amy B, Owner at Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Your review brought a big smile to my face, Monica. I'm so happy that everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals, and it's fantastic to know that Cierra did such a wonderful job. I'll be sure to pass the word along. Hope to see you again in the near future for another great meal. :)

Reviewed 19 January 2016

BEST place in Bastrop Texas to eat! Fresh - Hot - Most DELICIOUS burgers anywhere in Texas. Comfortable dining area - inside and on the deck! Friendly staff! Clean!

Amy B, Owner at Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2016

Thank you so much, Spanky! The best place to eat in Bastrop is quite the compliment and one that we take to heart. I'm so happy that you've found everything from the service to the flavors of our burgers to be exceptional. I hope to see you again soon.

Amy, Owner

Been to Roadhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK