“Good chicken fried steak”

The Grace Miller Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 120 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 December 2016

My family and I stopped in for dinner. They were reasonably busy and it's a small place. There is outside seating but it was a bit too cold for that. It looked like they have more outdoor seating than indoor. Very rustic and cramped, but not uncomfortably so. The chicken fried steak is excellent. I had it with garlic mashed potatoes, light on the garlic, and black eyed peas, I prefer mine with a bit more smoked ham hock flavor. Overall very good. My nephew had a cheese burger, dry and asked for fries, but came with chips instead. And my mother had the fried gulf shrimp with baked potato and green beans. Not sure about the potato, but the green beans were very good. And the fried shrimp were indeed large, not sure how they tasted, but they looked good. We also had the sriracha shrimp appetizer. It was good though I thought the shrimp itself was a bit over cooked (very dark breading). Service was so-so in that he charged my sister for french fries which are an option on her chicken fried steak (which I believe was supposed to be added to my nephews burger order), but he did get her gravy on the side correct. Mine was smothered in the gravy along with the mashed potatoes. My chicken fried steak came with Texas Toast, but not my sisters. And there was a small pickled pepper on my chicken fried steak but not my sisters. The cook prepares it, but I believe it's our servers responsibility to ensure order uniformity and correctness. Overall it was good and I would come again. Also, we had a slice of cheese cake to go (my mother changed her mind regarding dessert), but at $7.52 for a slice it's a bit high. I think that for a few bucks more I could probably get a decent whole cheese cake at H.E.B. Enjoy, I did.

1  Thank GnoPcola

Reviewed 8 November 2016

We had the traditional chicken fried steak and burgers (bacon and cheese) and came away very happy. Wait staff was friendly and access very convenient. Our food was served on the :front porch" and it made the people watching very good. Bastrop is a neat town and very Texan. If in Bastrop this is worth a lunch.

1  Thank Joe H
Reviewed 3 November 2016

My husband and I went for lunch and he ordered chicken fried steak.It was most delicious meal that we ordered extra one for us to go for dinner

1  Thank carvertxtx01
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Very nice quaint restaurant in Bastrop downtown area. They have inside and outside seating available.
The chicken fried steak was excellent and very large! Would have given them a 5 but our frozen deep fried mushrooms were not completely cooked...and they were not that busy!
Great service and the waitress was very attentive to our needs.

1  Thank Banshee694
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The food is like something your Grandmother would serve you. Southern comfort food and a good value.the specials each day are very good and usually around $10.00.

1  Thank G505LGstevenh