All reviewspecan waffleb bsother guestsbreakfast was deliciousenjoyed our stayspent two nightsart galleriesstate parkdowntown bastropshawnhostscommunitytlc
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I felt like I was back home in my little town back East. I love to visit home for a short time...but I couldn't live there! That's how Bastrop is. Great to visit, relax, walk, breathe. I took my boyfriend for his birthday because he loves being in the country. I need a town. So this was a good cross of both. The Inn was great and so were the keepers. If you are high maintenance, don't stay here. If you want to do your own thing and like old houses, stay here. I loved it! I also love high end resorts, so I guess I'm eclectic. Breakfast was so yummy that I ate and went back to bed for an hour. TV is about 13 inches in the living room and we didn't use the wi-fi but I think they had it. If you want to lay in bed and watch TV all day, don't stay here. It's not that kind of place. Leave technology behind and just chill on the wrap around porch. BUT bring bug spray....mosquitoes are in swarms outside.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room off the parlor. Privacy is minimal but everyone stayed in their own rooms so it was fine.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2015

We held our annual Planning Meeting at the Pecan Street Inn in January of 2015. Shawn and Bill were very gracious and allowed us to hold our day-long meeting in the comfort of the Inn. We brought in pot-luck lunch and got a great start to our new year!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2015

Alpha Gamma Deltas from TCU, who went to school together in the '60's and '70's, had a reunion last weekend at the Inn. It was just like the good old days! We had so much fun in this lovely house, which looks like a sorority house. What a beautiful, comfortable setting within walking distance of great shops and restaurants! The owners, Bill and Shawn, could not be more helpful and hospitable. It was a lovely weekend that we'll never forget. I highly recommend the inn for a special event or just a charming weekend getaway. You will love this place!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here with VERY last minute reservations. They were happy to have us, despite our last minute spontaneity! Hosts were so friendly, can tell this is something they enjoy and love doing. Our room was beautiful, comfortable, and spacious. Breakfast was delicious, and we had the pecan waffles we had read so much about. This is the place to stay if you're in the area!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

Shawn and Bill are awesome people. We stayed in the parlor with our two girls (dogs) for our 1st anniversary. The b&b has great access to both the town and the historic district of Bastrop. We will return. Blessings.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple