All reviews the river place to stay within walking distance hill country porch deer accommodations
Reviewed 17 April 2017

This is a great little getaway place. Clean spacious #9. Hot water is a huge plus! All updated and very nice. Two queen beds, spacious bathroom - front porch. Everything was perfect. Within walking to downtown.

Room tip: Cabin # 9 was awesome
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pglasscock53
Reviewed 10 December 2016

My wife and I stayed at the cabins and found many things wrong, from lack of cleanliness to non-working wall heater. But the most annoying was that they had a window with a very cheap blind that was about 6 inches too short on the right. Those blinds cost no more than 6 dollars at the local hardware store and I know because I bought one for a project I had and it was cheaper to buy one than to find the parts I needed. Anyway, needless to say my wife and I could not relax because the fear of someone looking in from the cabin next door. If you must stay, do, but expect to find the setting for a romantic evening.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DTaxMan
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

A nice quaint cabin. Right next to the beautiful medina river where you can tube down and make a nice day at the park. They do charge on the weekends to get into the park $5 per adult. Take your own or they have a company that rents tubes about 2 miles down the road. People are very friendly at the riverfront and the cabins ac works great! Nice small kitchen area (small fridge, microwave, coffee, sink, storage) nice large bathroom. Our son (4) loved it!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Swl4991
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Recently traveled with a group of friends on motorcycles to Bandera, TX & stayed at the River Front Motel in their cabins. Located near all the attractions in town & has a beautiful park area with a gazebo for hanging out with friends. The cabins were clean & spacious & the staff was very friendly & helpful. Loved the rustic decor. The cabins offered privacy but were located close enough together that we didn't feel out of touch with our friends. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jan M
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for the Marriott keep on going. This place is a throw back to the 50's traveling public. I thought it was a cool distraction from the corporate lodging experience. Our room was clean, had plenty of towels and was comfortable. No smoking but each cabin has a nice porch with plenty of chairs. It's a little pricey for what it is but you are in Bandera. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2016