“Biscuits and Gravy to Die For!!”

Clarence's Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Unicoi
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

If you're anywhere near Unicoi, Clarence's Diner is a must stop.

Serving outstanding biscuits and gravy all day is just the beginning of their delicious selection of comfort foods. Great burgers, fries, sandwiches, daily specials and ice cream!!

Clarence's...a must when you're anywhere in the vicinity❤

Reviewed 2 October 2016

This is a good place for any meal. Breakfast is always great. Graveyard and biscuits are just like home. Burgers are great as well as the hamburger steak.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

As my mom has aged (nearing 70), she hasn't been able to cook too often. She's the one that told me about Clarence's. It's a 30 minute drive or so from Johnson City. I've ate breakfast there at least 20 times in the last year. I keep it simple. Scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. Thanks to my job, I have to go up to Unicoi about twice a month and always get this breakfast. Great people working there, friendly, and it feels like being at home. My wife has been with me with a couple times and loves it just as much as I do. The prices are good too. Hopefully it will stay around for many more years.

1  Thank TimSeconds
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Clarences has one of the best breakfasts around. The staff is always sweet and welcoming. The food is always consistently good. The gravy is better than any I have ever had. This is not a fancy place, just good down home cooking.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Friday night fish. I got the one piece catfish breaded and fried with two sides. I chose a baked potatoes and house salad. The ranch is homemade. Yum. The fish was flaky and cooked well. No hush puppies though. Hubby got two fried chicken breasts that were huge and juicy. My girl got 2 fried eggs and sausage and a homemade bisquit. My dad and our neighbor got the senior fish special. We ate almost all of it. The service is good. We didn't have room for desert but there is ice cream and some homemade desserts. Excatly what you expect from a diner that has been there a while and never fails to disappoint!