“Excellent value (great burgers)”
Review of Maple Grove

Maple Grove
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Unicoi
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 12
Description: Great for single dining, large dining, and also big party rooms available for up to 100 people. If you would like to use a party room, call and schedule a room. If you schedule a party room, and would like to order of the menu, the room is free. If you bring your own food, payment is necessary by the hour. Recommended for families with children. We have a game room available. We can prepare a scheduled buffet for groups of 15 or more, prices vary. We even cater!
Reviewed 17 February 2016

There are several eateries worth a visit in (The Town of) Unicoi, all close to Interstate 26 (junction 32)

This is one such.

Maple Grove is well worth a visit. Again it is one of the places the locals go to - or perhaps flock to after Church on Sunday

They offer good, wholesome Country Cooking, unpretentious and at a very reasonable price, the portions are LARGE!

Sunday Lunch is extremely popular, and it can be difficult to find a parking space - even with a very large parking lot!

On other days not a problem and the restaurant is smaller - they open up extra rooms when busy.

The staff are polite and friendly make you feel at home, the decor isn’t particularly “special”, but it is clean and functional.

We had the Burgers, whilst a burger is “just a burger” they can be pretty darn good (as these were), big and juicy full of flavor with plenty of fresh tomatoes, lettuce and pickle.
Everything was fresh cooked and arrived promptly, even with the Sunday crowd. We were all happy, and the kids ate heartily without a complaint!

There is also a mini arcade up front with a few distractions for “active” kids - not noisy enough to be annoying to others.

We have been a couple of times now, and will return for sure.

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed 17 December 2015

Disgusting, if you make the mistake of ordering your food to go they will put it in a styro box that will be melted by whatever was hot or fried, I have went several times to have my fries melted into the styro box, well lastnight I made the worse mistake of buying my 5 year old some pop corn chicken, I didn't know until the next day after her stomach was killing her that her chicken had melted though most of the bottom of the box. The health department really should look into these people and I will also file a complaint with them about this to, it's outright poisonous.

So I call up and ask to speak with a manager (I THINK he said his name was Luke, I could be wrong) (12.17.2015 @ 2:52PM) and to complain and he wanted to give me another order of chicken, not even an apology, I told him forget it we won't eat there again that for the order of chicken I would just rather leave this review to warn others to not waste their money there if they want clean toxic free food. Atleast Clarance's bothers to put paper down in their styro boxes, maple grove is far to cheap for that. So maple grove I hope you guys enjoy the last dollar you get from me.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 1 December 2015

My family always insists to going here when I am visiting from out of town. I just don't get it. Average food, average service and absolutely no atmosphere in this restaurant. It seems like a barn to feed the masses and move on to the next bunch.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 15 November 2015

WE went to eat early on Sunday order Turkey and dressing it was wonderful had so much food couldn't eat it all. We have also went during the week the specials are great the prices are very reasonable for all the food you get The fried chicken is wonderful everything we have ever gotten there has been good the service is very good the people are very friendly

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 31 October 2015

We had eaten at Maple Grove many times. The restaurant is 30 miles from our home. I saw a coupon certificate on Restaurant.com. "Spend $20 get $10 off". I bought the certificate with My Coke Rewards points. We went to Maple Grove to eat and use our certificate. I showed the printout of my certificate to the waitress before we ordered. She said she would check with the manager. She came back and informed me, the manager said Maple Grove Restaurant does not accept restaurant.com certificates anymore. I asked to speak to the manager and the waitress went to get him but he would not come to the table. He told her to tell me to call the Chamber Of Commerce. When I was paying for our meal at the checkout, I saw a handwritten sign saying "We no longer accept restaurant.com coupons or certificates". This restaurant needs to get their restaurant off of the Restaurant.com website if they are no longer participating. Needless to say...Don't buy a Restaurant.com certificate for Maple Grove Restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2015

Been to Maple Grove? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK