“Delicious Trout, Catfish & Shrimp!”

Trailhead Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Townsend
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Trailhead we focus more on the quality and perfection of our food and service than anything else. Our prices are the same or cheaper than all of our local competitors. Only difference is we try to offer more of a fine dining restaurant experience such as decorating our plates and the table cloths and candle light adds a very lovely touch. For the same price we pamper you with our generous hospitality. Come give us a shot, your Trailhead Steak & Trout House. Steven Haley (General Manager) has had excessive feedback from folks wondering why there was not a TRAILHEAD STEAKHOUSE in other areas, so keep an eye out for a TRAILHEAD STEAKHOUSE coming to a town near YOU!
Reviewed 20 April 2018

It is nice to have correctly cooked seafood near The Smoky Mountains! You can't go wrong with the trout! And the steaks are exceptional as well. We had courteous service with a smile, in a relaxed atmosphere!

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Liked it so much I ate there both nights I was in Townsend. Hamburger steak with grilled onions, green beans, loaded potato! Very nice and accommodating staff.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

As a visitor to the nearby Smoky Mt NP, my Best Western hotel was directly across the road from The Trailhead, and after consulting TA I thought this was fortuitous. I was in the mood for beef, but found a few things about their offerings MEDIOCRE or in some ways simply not well thought out. First, for a restaurant trying to be a decent steak place, they have NO WINE (nada), only beer (I was told they are applying for a license to serve wine). Secondly, I surveyed their salad bar and, though it was clean and neat looking, it was rather bare bones and the produce looked like it came from a middling quality grocery store (so I skipped that). Then, when I was served my (lackluster) side salad, there was a bread basket with two heated rolls and “honey cinnamon butter!” The rolls themselves seemed like they are made from some supplier’s frozen dough and had a touch of sweetness to them, and that whipped butter concoction made them INEDIBLE NEXT TO ANY of the entrees or burgers that were on the menu — What are they thinking in the kitchen with those rolls? Dinner rolls have a function in relation to what’s on the plate and how it is eaten, and their rolls failed. Even when I tried one with plain salted butter, the sweetness of the dough was off-putting. Finally, while my beef and (again lackluster) garlic fries were served they were nicely hot, but the plate was COOL to the touch, and so by the time I was half finished the beef and fries were barely above room temp (too cool). They need a good plate warmer in the kitchen. Regrettably, I could not give more than a 3 rating to this place that is trying to be a decent steak and fish place for dinners.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We stopped in for a late lunch after a hike in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The catfish was delicious and the portions were large. I don't understand the negative reviews about service, because we found the staff to be friendly and very attentive. A bonus for me was that the waitress knew exactly what was gluten free.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant for Townsend. If you are up here fly fishing the easiest way to a trout dinner Is to order it at Trailhead! I had the Cajun style this time with garlic fries and Caesar salad. All delicious. Dad had the fried trout which he recommended. Note they are now open till 10pm not 8pm.

Been to Trailhead Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK