We arrived around noon and were told our room would not be ready until 3pm I am a top level priority rewards member but still no luck so we used a friends room who was able to check in for my daughter to get ready for her soccer event that day.
The front desk clerk was very rude when I even asked if there was any way as soon as a room became available if we could check in I was told nothing will be available until 3pm.
Ok fine at least I thought. We returned at 3pm and STILL NO ROOM AVAILABLE!!!!! However SEVERAL others in our group who arrived after us were all given rooms and able to check in I once again inquired and was told again very snappy that our room was still not available!
We left for our soccer event in Murfreesboro and then to a team event dinner returning to the hotel around 9pm and our room was FINALLY ready! That is ridiculous if they knew they had a sellout due to the Regional US Youth Soccer Championships and signed on to be a host hotel they should have been far more prepared than they were! There is no excuse period for that or their behavior toward me and my family.
If all that wasn't bad enough they put us in the 1st room on the 1st floor just outside the lobby we had to call every night to complain about the lobby noise but were told sorry they were full from the soccer tournament and there was nothing they could do. Funny thing is our coach and his wife were orginally in this room and have a small baby and asked to be moved after the 1st night to a quieter room becuase they too said it was much too loud!
This is exactly why so many of my friends and co-workers refuse to stay at Holiday Inn Express branded hotels, so many of their sister brands even the full Holiday Inn's are still great but the Express brand is gowing downhill very quickly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new addition to the Heart of Smyrna, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville/Smyrna, Tennessee! We are conveniently located to I-24 at exit 66(A), just a short drive to downtown Nashville hotels and Murfreesboro, Tennessee. With our world class service and many Nashville/Smyrna businesses, restaurants and attractions within walking distance or minutes from our front door, you ll discover why our guests have selected us as their preferred hotel in Nashville/Smyrna! This state-of-the-art hotel features special in room amenities such as free high speed,T1 enhanced Internet access, 32 flat panel LCD TV and free local calls. Suites are available with microwave and refrigerators; Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, take time to relax and enjoy our indoor heated swimming pool, business center, wireless Internet access in all public areas and fitness center. Points of interest Companies:, Nissan Motors, Hewlett Packard, Square D Hospitals: StoneCrest Medical Center, Vanderbilt Medical College, MTMC Universities:Middle Tennessee State University, Vanderbilt University Local Attractions: Nashville Grand Ole Opry, Sam Davis Home, Home of the NFL Tennessee Titans Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nashville/Smyrna, Tennessee ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smyrna-Nashville Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Smyrna-Nashville Area
- Holiday Inn Express Smyrna