“Nice Place”
other travellers have booked this property
View of cabin View of Deck, rockers for 4, gas grill
View of cabin
View of Deck, rockers for 4, gas grill
We welcome you!
Living Area with sleeper sofa
Living Area with queen sleeper sofa
Flat screen TV in living area
Fully equipped kitchen
Dining Area
King size Bed, Flat screen TV
Queen Size Bed, Flat screen Tv, Futon
bathroom 1
Bathroom
Bathroom
Nice relaxing hot tub on back deck!
Douglas Resort Sign
We have enough parking at the cabin, so bring your BOAT!
Community swimming pool
swimming pool
play ground next to pool and there are picnic tables
steps that can take you from pool to road
boat docks and ramps
steps from Willard Way that takes you to lake, pool, and playground or you can drive
Picture of Douglas Lake, go ahead and bring your boat or you can rent one
view of the Great Smoky Mountains! Picture taken 04/14/2015
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Daniel M
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

The cabin was clean and well equipped. Be aware that there are many stairs to get to the cabin. There really isn't much of a view, but the wrap around porch is nice for relaxing.

Liked best: Cleanliness
Liked least: Stairs
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
31 Jul 2015
It is written in the location of cabin more info to guest that their are steps from driveway to deck and if you have any type of disability or etc not to rent this cabin. I think that future guests are not seeing this and I probably need to change it so I can make sure everyone is aware of this. Thanks for the good review we really appreciate it
Lorraine...
Dearborn, Michigan
“Pretty Cabin & Secluded Feeling”
Reviewed 15 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

You'd better be in pretty good shape to enjoy the ammenities of this property. LOTS of stairs... in the heat of summer, felt more like the "Stairway to Hadies!" Expect to drive to the pool if you still want to feel refreshed after your swim because THAT stairway is unbelievablely long and steep! The cabin could have been maintained better as well. There was wet garbage left in the bin under the bag that stank and was pretty gross which required us to rinse out with the garden hose. A burner was out on the stove and there was food residue left on practically every pot, pan & dish we used. We also found it impossible to use the keyless entry lock on the door that required us to leave it unlocked when we left until we gained access to actual keys. The final comment from us is that the mattresses definitely need updating due to the uncomfortable crater from overuse.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Douglas Lake... would DEFINITELY stay somewhere else on the lake!
Liked least: Stairs, heat, stairs, heat and more stairs!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Jun 2015
Thank you for staying at the cabin, There are some issues that you had discussed about in your review that I feel I need to respond to. The first issue is the steps, It is written in the location of cabin more info to guest that their are steps from driveway to deck and if you have any type of disability or etc not to rent this cabin. The keyless entry, You had contacted me about the issue and I went up there to check it out, as I noted to you by text that keyless entry is working and I tried it numerous times and it worked every time, The guests that came in after you checked out late at 11:45 and check out is 10:00 used it the whole time of their stay and did not have any issues at all during their stay. I am not sure what this means" There was wet garbage left in the bin under the bag that stank and was pretty gross which required us to rinse out with the garden hose" I am not aware of any bins inside the cabin? I would hope that you did not use a water hose inside the cabin? I will check the burner on the stove and get it replaced, we do not know these things unless we are told. Burners can work one day and out the next. Food residue was not on dishes or pots, these cabins have well water and it does leave a film on them especially if the dishes are not dried good and then put up. but it is not food residue. I actually get great comments on the mattress from this site and other sites, it is a soft mattress and they do sleep different from a firm mattress, the mattress is only three years old. I also want to discuss a few things that you did not mention, one was when you called and said the water was low in the hot tub and you asked for me to come out there and fill it up and I went out there to add water and to see if was leaking and you had stated that it was two inches below the jets and when I arrived the water was above the jets and not below the jets. I also went out there to look at keyless entry for you as well and it was working properly. You had also called about no utensils for the grill, I am not sure if you found them or not after you called but I had housekeeping to check on that for me and their were 4 pieces of grilling utensils in the kitchen drawer and she took picture and sent them to me. I am not sure why some of the other issues you stated you had and why I was not contacted about them from you.
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: scenery and very peaceful
Liked least: If you have problems climbing stairs I would not advice but was ok for us
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
BJDel
Kissimmee, Florida
“Would definitely return.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

The cabin was cozy & comfortable. The photo, however, does not show the double flights of stairs that lead to the deck and the entrance.

Location Cleanliness
Murfreesboro
Reviewed 17 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 120
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing