Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast
Americourt Hotel(Elizabethton)
US$ 67
US$ 64
Little Main Street Inn(Banner Elk)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk(Banner Elk)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
US$ 101
BestWestern.com
Travelers Inn(Elizabethton)
US$ 69
US$ 66
Quality Inn Downtown(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
US$ 80
QualityInn
Carnegie Hotel(Johnson City)
US$ 134
US$ 130
All reviewsappalachian trailfood truckjefferson roomhiker hosteltenting areaprivate bathroomshort hikeshuttle serviceday hikingperfect hoststhe barnhot showerspent two nightsbabbling brookfresh fruitking bednext morning
Reviewed 28 May 2012

As soon as you drive in, you see goats and horses grazing in their pastures and several dogs chasing each other across the lawns. The lawn and gardens are well maintained and the house/hostel are very clean. I stayed in the hiker hostel because I'm hiking the AT at the moment, but I was so jealous of those staying in the cozy house. Rocking chairs on the front porch, 1800s wood burning stoves in the hostel, and a large great room with couches and work tables.

In the morning, we were treated to a fine breakfast of peach cream pastries, sausage, ham, french toast with walnut spread, spinach omelette, bread pudding, watermelon/pomegranate seeds/mandarin orange fruit salad, etc. The food was beautifully presented, all laid out on matching white china platters. Mary, the hostess, was a delight to converse with and she brought an open warmth to the room. It was a fantastic morning for everyone, I think.

5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank solex4462
Reviewed 28 May 2012

For less than half the price of a lower-end chain hotel, we had both a comfortable night's stay in the "barn" house and a gourmet breakfast. The breakfast included quiche, french toast, peach cream puffs, fresh-baked muffins, sausage, among other dishes. The barn house was homey, and the interior of the main house was spotless. The picturesque scenery immediately outside the house includes a field with horses and a stream with goats. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Odin S
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This place was my slice of heaven. After the standing bear hostile and many other hostiles that treated hikers as sub human, it was nice to go to a place where respect cleanliness, and quality was tops. This was my best stay on my 750 mile trek from Springer Mt. Tater Tot 2012

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Tatertot2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I just spend a wonderful weekend at Mary's & Terry's B&B. The room was wonderful and the location is so pretty. It was nice to look out of the window and watch the goats and the horses or go out and play with the cats and dogs. The perfect setting for us to get a breather.

I hear that Mary's breakfast has quite a reputation on the trail. Hikers checking in specifically ask for it and I have to say, it certainly lives up to hype. We got spoiled rotten.

Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathrin K
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We just returned from a relaxing weekend at Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast. Mary and Terry are exceptional inn keepers who cater to an eclectic clientele. Guests can be anyone from city slickers longing for a weekend retreat, to Appalachian Trail hikers looking for a home cooked meal, a comfortable bed and a hot shower. An abundance of outdoor opportunities are just a short distance from the inn and Mary's breakfast assures that you will have lots of energy. The rooms are warm and friendly with many extra little touches to make you feel welcome and at home. Mary's gigantic breakfast is cooked using wholesome ingredients for out of this world flavor. It was difficult to not go back for seconds or thirds! Guaranteed you won't have to eat again until supper! I noticed that many reviewers traveled with their pets. This made me kind of nervous because we left our dog at home and I worried that our room might smell doggy. I worried needlessly. The rooms are immaculate with no trace of previous occupants. We had a great weekend and would love to come back again. It's a beautiful area to explore and a lovely home base to come back to each evening.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy and quiet. The Jefferson Room is HUGE with a king bed, a private bath and a 2 person Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple