“Beautiful room and a bountiful gourmet breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roan Mountain
Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Beautiful room and a bountiful gourmet breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We just returned from a relaxing weekend at Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast. Mary and Terry are exceptional inn keepers who cater to an eclectic clientele. Guests can be anyone from city slickers longing for a weekend retreat, to Appalachian Trail hikers looking for a home cooked meal, a comfortable bed and a hot shower. An abundance of outdoor opportunities are just a short distance from the inn and Mary's breakfast assures that you will have lots of energy. The rooms are warm and friendly with many extra little touches to make you feel welcome and at home. Mary's gigantic breakfast is cooked using wholesome ingredients for out of this world flavor. It was difficult to not go back for seconds or thirds! Guaranteed you won't have to eat again until supper! I noticed that many reviewers traveled with their pets. This made me kind of nervous because we left our dog at home and I worried that our room might smell doggy. I worried needlessly. The rooms are immaculate with no trace of previous occupants. We had a great weekend and would love to come back again. It's a beautiful area to explore and a lovely home base to come back to each evening.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy and quiet. The Jefferson Room is HUGE with a king bed, a private bath and a 2...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Work2Go
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cameron, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Can't say enough about the great hospitality, great breakfast, and atmosphere here! Just what I needed after a hectic week. Just off the AT, so perfect for hiking!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Rhoda123
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Thanks Mary and Terry for being so gracious and kind. Everything about the Mountain Harbour was calming and open. The breakfast was unreal! Watching the dogs play and the goats frolic was so much fun that I could have sat and the porch and watched that for a long time!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Thank you Mary and Terry for helping me obtain a state of restoration and relaxation. Your B&B was an experience I will never forget. Not only did I find myself engulfed in total comfort in my room but I also enjoyed getting to know the two of you. Thank you for introducing me to the best barbeque in TN. I look forward to visiting again soon. God's Blessings to you and the family.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a king bed. The amount of space in this room and the decor was just what I...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

We recently stayed at the Mountain Harbour B and B with our dog Gracie. We all had a wonderful time. Mary and Terry were very welcoming and Mary's breakfasts were amazing. Gracie enjoyed playing in the pastures with the other dogs and we all enjoyed our large room and amazing hospitality. We highly recommend this B and B.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Jefferson room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
20.9 km away
Taylor House Inn
Taylor House Inn
#2 of 6 in Valle Crucis

Been to Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK