“Not worth a stay”

Ranked #75 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Ontario, Canada
“Not worth a stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I wasted $250 worth of pts on this place. This is a huge property and high traffic has worn it out years ago. Dirty room/halls with Mold on the ceiling and uncaring staff. Too bad as its a central location for the area but been neglected to squeeze every penny out of the place.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TM643
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
T M,

Ben J
IHG Care
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed here just this past weekend. This hotel is just off the main strip, still within walking distance of things. The hotel has been remodeled, but they did not replace the big box tvs with flat screens as they have in many of the Holiday Inn remodels. Also, although the place is completely smoke free... I could still smell the hint of old smoke in the room... must have been a smoking wing of the hotel at one time. There is nothing special about this place, The kids did enjoy the pool and hot tub... but things could still use a good fixing up in that area too. The nicest part of the hotel was in the lobby, you can tell this has been updated. All in all, it was a fair stay. The stay was paid for as we were there for a timeshare presentation, so that made it better, but I am not sure i would have been willing to pay full price for that hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank vabbey
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear vabbey,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am happy to hear you liked our new lobby.
I'm also glad your kids enjoyed the pool. We do plan on replacing the TV's in the near future.
I do thank you for your comments about our hotel. They will be shared with the appropriate department.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Collegedale, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

They have a great in door pool, its pretty and looks like rocks. It also has a game area for children. They have a place to eat breakast like bacon eggs waffles and more. It is close to many attractions, the saff is friendly and if you are a Priority club member you get a thank you back with pop corn a aple and water, sometimes more. They will also give you items you might have forgot like tooth brush or tooth paste. The hotel smells frsh and rooms have been updated. It is a nice family place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

stayed there wknd of 2-18-12---2-20-12 wont go back room was not worth it plus a/c unit was loud enough to wake you up every other 15 minutes. Then when went to play games out by the pool they didnt work and lady at front desk said that wasnt their problem. If you look around rooms are cheaper in G burg and you dont have to drive overall motel was clean and nice but not well kept up with inside rooms for 198.00 for two nights could have paid half that.

Room Tip: shop around before you put it on your credit card
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kraig s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Kraig s,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

As a Platinum member, this place has is the worst customer service and management I have ever seen at a Holiday Inn. Traveling across the country to all your different hotels, I've NEVER been treated so rudely or dismissed for a problem in my life.

Beginning with my arrival at the hotel I experienced unfriendly staff. I chose this hotel due to its location and child friendliness, but unfortunately, I was treated badly when it comes to the kids. They advertise KIDS EAT FREE, but it is not entirely true. The kids were told by the hostess to go to the buffett, but once they did a waitress comes running over and yelling that the kids cannot eat free from the buffett. Although I've always received free breakfast because of my status, I didn't expect anyone else to have free breakfast except for the fact that the sign said BREAKFAST 7-11am KIDS EAT FREE and the hostess told us to eat it.

It was extremely embarrassing, the waitress was just arguing with us and the manager was the worst excuse for a manager I've ever seen. I asked for the manager and 15 minuters later the manager arrives and never once appologized. She had a secret meeting with the waitress and just made excuses and never once tried to appologize. I just wanted an appology and would have paid for the kids, but it was the FALSE ADVERTISING, RUDENESS, and their exceptional skills for having bad customer service that will make it sure I won't ever stay at this hotel again. Holiday Inn might stop being my main hotel for business as well.

As a platinum member, I've always received free breakfast, but was not offerred a free breakfast. I did not complain about this, but I did make a mental note. This morning, Feb 19, 2012, I decided to eat breakfast in the hotel downstairs. I went to the restaurant with my wife and 3 children because it offers free breakfast for kids. So, I arrived at the restaurant and was greeted by the hostess. We asked about the kids free breakfast for kids and she said they eat for free. As we were sitting at the table with the hostess, the kids asked if they could go to the buffett. The hostess said they could and we all went to the buffett. While we were getting food and about finished putting food on the plates, a waitress runs over to us and loudly says 'The children cannot eat free from the buffett. You will have to eat from the menu.' Immediately, I was extremely embarrassed with the other people around. I also didn't feel it was right I would tell my children to put down and waste the food on their plates. I asked the waitress about the sign in the front of the restaurant (which I have a picture of) that says "breakfast 7-11 KIDS EAT FREE." She said it does not include the buffett. Immediately, I went to the manager which took 15 minutes to see me. When she arrived, we heard what I told her, went to the waitress and they secretly went to a corner of the restaurant so I could not hear them. When she came back, she argued with us and never once appologized or tried to help us resolve the matter. It was all about her and she told me that they cannot treat people differently and their restuarant was different from other holiday inn restaurants. This was weird to me since I've never seen a holiday inn restuarant with this rule, bad service, and I've always received free breakfast. The manager was so cold and rude and embarrassing that I don't want to stay tonight or any other night at holiday inn. I was previously a hyatt diamond member and chose to frequent holiday inn for my business and personal stays. I have never been so embarrassed or treated so badly at a hotel. Ever.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family