New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Georgia
“On The Fence”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We just returned from Smoky Meadows Lodge. We went to Pigeon Forge spur of the moment for the 4th of July and wanted to be where the kids could see the fireworks without going out somewhere. Well we went to 3 places that were booked up and ran across this place and went ahead and took the room cause we were afraid we might not get a room. Anyway when we walked in the room it was somewhat a shock not at all what I would have wanted to pay $100.00 a night for but told ourselves that it wasn't that bad and tried to enjoy the 4th. Now that being said, I will say the lady at the desk was very nice, it has a good size pool and a great location. I checked the bed no bugs as I could tell and the sheets were clean and the bathroom was ok. Shower is ok but wouldn't set down in bathtub. The biggest problem this place has is with housekeeping. You can tell by the rooms they are just plain lazy. We found a couple things at the end of the bed that has advertisements in them and you know housekeeping was too lazy to bend over and pick them up. A lot of stuff hadn't been dusted in months you could tell cause the dust had set up and got hard. The owners need to hire and rehire housekeeping until they get some that are there to do a job and not half a$$ do it. And also maintenance needs to use a pressure washer on the stairs and balconies they are filthy, as is the elevator. The elevator would be a nice attraction to the motel if it weren't so nasty and in need of a facelift as it has glass and you can watch as it moves. This place would be perfect if it had a major overhaul and it is gonna have to soon cause the wallpaper is gonna come right off the walls if they don't. The location is so perfect it would be a shame to not ever go back again, you can walk to so many places. So whoever owns this place, FIRE HOUSEKEEPING AND MANAGER, remodel and let us enjoy a great motel instead of just having guest who are there cause there is nowhere else to stay, or is there cause they have paid their money and can't get it back. I probably wouldn't stay here again as it is now but I most definitely would if the place was upgraded.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank momandgirls3
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
wellston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I have been going to this hotel since 1991.Ive never had no trouble.I always check the bed when i walk into my room.I have never seen bed bugs.The hotel does need some remolding.I havent been there this yr yet. I wiil be there in Sept.I will check out everything headto toe when i walk in the room.It has been a nicemotel for me.Carpets do need cleaned but my feet are never black from walking on the floor

• Stayed September 2009
NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

We just got back from staying at Smokey Meadows. First of all the room was 20.00 higher than they told us on the phone. The room was in major need of remodel. It was not what I would call clean. Who knows what on the wall. Wallpaper peeling Chairs dirty with some mystery fluid on them. Also we were only given not even half a roll of toilet paper. The elevator had the f word carved into it. On the way to the room on the 4th floor the concrete walkway had a big hole in it. Someone could have broken a leg if they had stepped in it. The pool was nice and the view from the balcony was great although you have to share the balcony with other rooms. I can not recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ttom521
Possum Kingdom, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

My wife and I just got back from staying 3 nights at the Smoky Meadows Lodge. I was very cautious about staying after reading the other reviews but I wanted to see for myself because they had the balcony setup I was looking for. My stay could not have been more perfect. The owner was the nicest person you could ask for and the 3rd shift lady may have been even nicer. They were a pleasure to talk to. The motel is not brand new but it was in the price range I was looking for and it served my needs very well. It was clean, the pool and spa was very relaxing and the view from the balcony was great. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have stayed the before and things were okay. But I had made reservations and couldn't make it because of the weather and tried to make different arrangements I was disrespected and talked to very rudely. The manager is just as if not worse than the staff members. Keep your money!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not worth the trouble. They don't even try to solve things respectfully.

• Stayed February 2010