We just returned from Smoky Meadows Lodge. We went to Pigeon Forge spur of the moment for the 4th of July and wanted to be where the kids could see the fireworks without going out somewhere. Well we went to 3 places that were booked up and ran across this place and went ahead and took the room cause we were afraid we might not get a room. Anyway when we walked in the room it was somewhat a shock not at all what I would have wanted to pay $100.00 a night for but told ourselves that it wasn't that bad and tried to enjoy the 4th. Now that being said, I will say the lady at the desk was very nice, it has a good size pool and a great location. I checked the bed no bugs as I could tell and the sheets were clean and the bathroom was ok. Shower is ok but wouldn't set down in bathtub. The biggest problem this place has is with housekeeping. You can tell by the rooms they are just plain lazy. We found a couple things at the end of the bed that has advertisements in them and you know housekeeping was too lazy to bend over and pick them up. A lot of stuff hadn't been dusted in months you could tell cause the dust had set up and got hard. The owners need to hire and rehire housekeeping until they get some that are there to do a job and not half a$$ do it. And also maintenance needs to use a pressure washer on the stairs and balconies they are filthy, as is the elevator. The elevator would be a nice attraction to the motel if it weren't so nasty and in need of a facelift as it has glass and you can watch as it moves. This place would be perfect if it had a major overhaul and it is gonna have to soon cause the wallpaper is gonna come right off the walls if they don't. The location is so perfect it would be a shame to not ever go back again, you can walk to so many places. So whoever owns this place, FIRE HOUSEKEEPING AND MANAGER, remodel and let us enjoy a great motel instead of just having guest who are there cause there is nowhere else to stay, or is there cause they have paid their money and can't get it back. I probably wouldn't stay here again as it is now but I most definitely would if the place was upgraded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Block from the Island - a Pigeon Forge Island hotel, pet friendly, dog friendly hotel for Pigeon Forge.21/2 Stars in Expedia. New owners since Nov 2015. Our five story hotel and suites, right in the middle of Pigeon Forge, is one block from the Island, our new "village square". American owners and management. Pool, waterfall, kids' pool. ::With one acre of creek side to play by, fish in, or just sit yourself down by. :: Fishing, meadow games, horseshoes, badminton. :: Geese, ducks, herons, trees and the occasional eagle. :: Our new owners are Jerry & Lu Calhoun, local to Pigeon Forge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smoky Meadows Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Smoky Meadows Lodge
- Smoky Meadows Pigeon Forge