“Entertainment good; Food mediocre”
Review of Smith Family Show - CLOSED

Smith Family Show
More attraction details
Owner description: The Smith Family Show is located in the Grand Majestic Dinner Theater on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge, TN. It features Charlie Bob and Jill Smith in a variety show of country, oldies, gospel, comedy and outstanding impersonations! The Smith's have been entertaining crowds for many years and are much loved, fan favorites. The theater is handicap accessible and offers a concession stand and a unique gift shop.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Food passable. 2/3 a cup of potato soup a little over peppered for my taste. Chicken nuggets a la McDonald's and meat loaf on the buffet along with various vegetables, pale creamed corn, dry rolls (chase your server for the butter. Our server never came up with coffee while the tables fore and aft were served. Dessert is a parsimonious heavy bronoie with a dollop of some kind or whipped cream or cool whip or a blend of both.

1  Thank RetiredPD2007

Reviewed 21 August 2015

The food is good, the show is entertaining, even my teen aged son was happy. If you go, sit close to the front. We sat in the back due to my husband's disability, and the people in the sound booth talked through the WHOLE SHOW, including some of the quieter parts. Very distracting!!

Reviewed 3 August 2015

We are locals and saw this show last year. It was a decent show and included a Smith husband/wife team of singers. This year it was only the husband. Andy from the Kingdom Heirs played piano and joined in a few vocals as well as the fiddle player from Smoky Mtn. String Band. Too many snippets of songs and not enough complete songs.

Food was buffet style but poor quality. Over cooked everything and even mixed veggies were terrible in a sweet sauce. Bite of brownie dessert was best part of meal.

Will not be returning to this show even for local discount pricing.

3  Thank Blank_Screen_Name
Reviewed 28 June 2015

we really enjoyed it and will go back. The music is great and they have a great buffet meal to enjoy while watching show will go back again!

Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

I guess it's my fault for not reviewing this show prior to going. I took my family of 9 with several teenagers. The main person is very good. I enjoyed him but I just thought it was more to it. It seemed like a low budget production. The Dukes of Hazzard at this same theater was much better and actually for kids. Now I do have to say the food was spectacular but we almost missed it bc you are to arrive 1 hour earlier than what's on your ticket. This was no where in our info or tickets to the show. soooo if you of the older generation you will probably like the show, it's just not like anything I've been to before:(