“Must do!”

Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster
Ranked #11 of 99 things to do in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come Ride the Hill and Feel the Thrill! The Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster is the longest downhill ride in the United States, with over 1 mile of track. So if you are looking for an unforgettable experience on your vacation here in the Great Smoky Mountains, this is a must do! The vehicles are designed to carry two visitors in comfort but can be handled easily by one alone. The riders are in control of the velocity (up to 27 mph) and this gives them a unique hands-on experience! Rain, snow or sunshine, no problem - the excellent braking effect is unchanged so you can ride year-round! Tickets and packages are now available, age restrictions may apply, parents may need to ride with small children. Our track has thousands of colored LED lights so you can experience our awesome Night Rides! The great "Über Ride" is HERE!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ride up is just as fun as the ride down! Had about a 50 minute wait. Great Views. We rode down with an 8 year old and a 5 year old both whom had an awesome time!

All reviews
in 332 reviews
"coupon"
in 316 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We seemed to be the oldest folks in line here (early 60's) but unless you have physical issues this place is fun for all ages. We really liked the slow climb to the starting point as much as the thrilling ride down which you totally control yourself with a lever. Going too fast? Just pull back and slow down. Very nice and very safe. Quite enjoyable. ** Note: Try to find a pamphlet ahead of time with a $2 savings for each person.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Do not leave Pigeon Forge without riding the alpine coaster. We do this every time we come down to Pigeon Forge and never regret it! In fact we always end up riding more than once. This trip the kids were all a little older so we went at night and with all the lights it was awesome! It is a little on the expensive side but it is definitely worth it.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

So we choose this place because it had the longest line. Both grown adults and we thought it was pretty cool. I was expecting it to be quick but the ride is pretty long 8 minutes I think. So I feel like I got my monies worth. I didn't check Groupon until after I left I could have saved $10. We did it mid afternoon in light drizzle.