“Do not ever rent from Big Baer Resorts, they are a rip/off”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Big Bear Lodge and Resort
Ranked #53 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Do not ever rent from Big Baer Resorts, they are a rip/off”
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I went there for New Years Eve with 2 other people, they said the room was redone over, it was the worst place I have ever stayed in. They also had no water, so we could not use the bathroom, our stay was for 3 days and checked out next morning. They refused to refund any money to us and am taking them to small claims court. They make you fill out papers in order to get your key, they have no class at all. I beg you not to ever get a place from Big Baer Resorts. I'm sure when the judge see's this place, and not having any water, they should be ashamed of themselves, but I think they just don't care.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
18 Thank Pinky1021
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Louisiana
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed at the Mountain Vista Getaways (also called the big bear lodge and resort). I was hesitant at first because I was not sure what we were booking. It was fabulous. We had a two bedroom cabin for 4 adults and two children. The cabin was roomy and very well decorated. Also, the cabin was in great condition and very clean. Mountain Vista Getaways is a cabin resort on a hill right off the main Parkway. They have several cabins and a condominium building. No driving up steep mountain drives - very close to the main area - but with enough trees and the hilltop to feel away from it all. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and we also had a hot tub on the back porch. We were able to park right in front of the cabin with plenty of room. We had the top two floors and there was a family staying below us on the lowest floor. It was not a problem. We never heard them. The kids had enough space and we were all happy. Oh, and the jacuzzi bathtub in the master bath was huge! I would stay here again without hesitation and I have been recommending this to my friends. Avoiding that steep mountain drive to a cabin at the top of a mountain - to stay at a cabin on a hill only two minutes from the center of town was fabulous.

Room Tip: Book a cabin on top, not the basement
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Cicily P
bethel ohio
Reviewed 6 January 2011

O.k. I want to start by saying I usually do not complain about things but I am very upset with the cabin that we stayed in on our 6 night trip with a family of seven. I will start by explaining, 1st the carpet was filthy and stained so bad that I would not let my kids play on the floor. The carpet was stained in every room and the stairways, it almost looked like someone took two liters and pored them on the carpet. Thje rug in the living room was filthy, when we touched it you could feel how dirty it was. The phone in the cabin did not work. The worst part about the cabin is that it had a major leak from the hotwater heater that caused water to pour into the lower part of the cabin. We dealt with the leak for two nights. It was obvious it had been like this for a while from the way the ceiling was bubbled and damaged. This is a cabin that cost $185.00 per night plus fees and taxes times six nights. I spoke with the young lady at the desk on the Saturday before we were supposed to leave and let her now that I was upset at all the things wrong with the cabin and her exact words were to me "That would be the last cabin that I would rent to anyone" and knew exactly which one we were in. The desk clerk told me she would have the manager contact me and she did 3 days later and told me she would give me 10% of my money back ,I said that was fine and I was very nice, well the next day I recieved a call and she said I'm sorry I can not give you 10% off, because you recieved your nights free and the owner of that specific cabin would not be happy. On Saturday the desk clerk told me that the owner of this specific cabin does not have the cabin cleaned like the other owners do. I guess we were really ripped off almost $1,000 for six nights in a filthy cabin, broken pool table, hot tub without enough water to run, broken phone and a major leak in the lower floor........ I wish it would have been different :(

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
29 Thank funone0102
The South
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Stayed here for a long weekend in cabin 450. The cabin has 2 bedrooms( king and queen ) and the beds and bedding are divine.There is a queen sleeper sofa in the great room. The second "bedroom" is located in the loft so if privacy is an issue you might want to put kids here. 2 full bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi tub and the other with a large step-in shower. Front porch with great rocking chairs. It is, by design, a luxury cabin! Pool table, flat screen TVs, DVD players, gas grill, hot tub and washer and dryer.. Kitchen is all granite with all the appliances and dishware you would ever need. Huge balcony that sits high in the tree line. Located less than 1 mile from the major thoroughfare of Pigeon Forge you would never know it as it is so quiet and tranquil here. The lady who runs the office is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. We will definitley be back!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank PharmacyRx
winston salem
Reviewed 20 September 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in a one bedroom, premier duplex-cabin for our week-long, much needed vacation. The cabin is more the size of a condo but the decor and appliances are top-notch. There was a full deck with hot tub, grill, and patio furniture. We had a flat screen in our living & bedroom. We enjoyed a large king bed with nice linens (the mattress quality was average). Our cabin was also equipped with bunk beds, which we did not use. I would suggest if travelling with more than 3 people upgrading to a 2 bedroom (after a couple days it would get cramped). For just the two of us, it was perfect for a relaxing getaway. You have full access to the indoor and outdoor pools. We used the salt-water, indoor pool several times. The staff was very friendly in regards to giving suggestions and area info. The only issue I had was having to take our trash out after pre-paying a $80 cleaning fee. My boyfriend had to walk our garbage up to the dumpster. There were large cans outside of other cabins; we called to clarify where ours was & he was told to walk to the dumpster. I do not agree with this.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple