New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Mountain Vista Inn & Suites

Mountain Vista Inn & Suites
Ranked #88 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Xenia, Ohio
“Disgusting, Horrible, DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

Me and my 3 girls stayed here for one night on April 2nd and it was the WORST motel I've ever been in! Okay, the first room the manager gave us had BEDBUGS so she had to give us a different one. And she was extremly rude, and filthy. :P The "breakfast" was pathetic, my family woke up at 5a.m so we could get outta there. The floors were sticky. The pool was full of green muck. The people who stayed by us looked like drug dealers and sex offenders. And the showers were nasty. My opinon, DONT STAY HERE. We went to Comfort Inn for the rest of the trip and it was muucchh better.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Jami51180
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

First thing, my daughter sit down on the bed and was nearly thrown in the floor because the bedframe was loose. 3 TV's, 1 remote control. After asking 5, yes 5 times for 2 more remotes, I finally received 1 remote and never could get it programed to work. The air conditioner in the front room blew out warm air. The continental breakfast shoud be renamed to Little Debbie breakfast. Next time, we will put more money in a room that has a decent continental breakfast because it cost us quiet alot for 6 adults and 2 children (under 3) to eat out because an oatmeal cake or honey bun doesn't last to long. The worst part was the "Swimming Pool". We should have NOT gotten in it when we first saw it. It didn't appear to be very clean. After swimming in it, everyone got a rash. Manager said that they must have put to much clorine in it. Who knows. The price was great but I now know, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank ollisfamily

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Berea, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

This was way beyond being Dirty,, This was Nasty..We were afraid to sit on the beds,,afraid to sit on the chairs,, afraid to take our shoes off,, afraid to sit on comode.. The smell was unreal..There was trash in the trash can from party that used the rooms before us.We stood in line along with other people complaining,, Like every one else said.. No way... were you going to get a refund. I was charged $360.00 for two nights.I would'nt have stayed there if they offered it to me for free.They had ran this thro my credit card twice. I am waiting on the charge card bill to see if the extra $360.00 was taken off..I always look in the room before I pay and decide to stay but I made reservations in advance so what can you do? They ended up sending my party to another Motel on farther up the street..It was nice and clean.. we were told the same people own both motel or maybe just manage them both.We were switching Motels after midnight.I dont understand how the Public Health allows this place to stay open.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lucy_lou_1958
Camden, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

We checked in, when we got on the elevator it stunk. We got in the room and one of the bedspreads had stains on it along with the pillow. Then the tv would come on and after 3 minutes would go fuzzy and you had to turn it off and back on to watch it another 3 minutes. We left being assured that our money would be refunded within 2 weeks. We are 3+ weeks out and still fighting to get out money back. Worse experience I have ever had. Our ten yr old called it nightmare on pigeon forge lane.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank vjedge
Slemp, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

This place is terrible. I stayed in a "Presidential Suite" with my husband and two friends. It was awful. You will reserve one room and get something totally different. And you will still have to pay full price regardless. You will get your feet dirty from the carpet, and will risk getting cut up from the exposed carpet trim. There will be doorways with no doors. Light switches with no purpose. Rooms with only a lamp to see by. And you will get fresh clean towels only after you have went 4 days without any. Oh, and the pool is so beautiful with its cloudy, murky swamp-like appearance and you can just swear you see the bacteria having their own pool party right on top of the water. If you want to spend lots and lots of money for nothing in return, then you want to stay here!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple