“Good Getaway Spot”

Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge
Ranked #56 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a nice getaway weekend. Room and staff were great. The only thing keeping it from being a 5 star rating was the large group of teenagers staying there for a convention in town. They weren't horrible, just kids being kids. We will definitely stay again

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank HoosierMike72
Cindy2385, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! From time to time, especially in January, there are a few youth conferences that many youth groups attend. We do make each youth group sign a very extensive and strict set of rules in order to stay at the hotel for this very reason, so if you ever stay again during one of these seasons, feel free to always call down to the front desk if you have a problem and we will enforce the house rules. Thank you

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

We had stayed at another place and loved it too, but we decided to stay another day last minute and this place was cheaper, so we tried it! Very nice choice!! The rooms were newly updated, clean, the staff was friendly and joking around, Condo is kind of a stretch for what we had, it was more like a bigger hotel room with a kitchen, a full kitchen though... if you like to eat there, u have everything you need... It had a little electric fireplace we used the whole time we were in the room, just turned the heat off, even used it as a nightlight when we went to bed..
The breakfast was ok, just donuts and muffins, but we knew that when we checked in, so no surprise... there is an arcade, which was nice for the kid! And an indoor pool... also nice in the winter!
Will will stay there again for sure! :)

Room Tip: Couldn't figure out the shower at first, you have to pull down on the faucet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

So glad to hear you've enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

My hubby and I have stayed here many times with our kids and alone. The rooms have always been clean and the staff friendly. The walk-in specials are always great. We stayed 2 days before Christmas and walked to the show beside the hotel. (It was a great show) We refer our friends to this hotel because the value and most important the clean rooms.

Room Tip: The queen rooms with the kitchen are great!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L2ADVENTURES

Wonderful! Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed 23 December 2011

We travel to East Tennessee several times a year and have always noticed this property, with its LED sign showing budget room prices. I have even found my self curious to the point of reading reviews from Trip Advisor which made us a little afraid to consider staying. Every time we leave town and pass by, we always have mentioned stopping and looking at a room "the next time we come into town". Normally a family who has always chosen to stay in Gatlinburg, this trip turned into our time for a change.
This trip has became our annual trip to complete the majority of Christmas shopping with the sales and enjoy an adult weekend away. We Shopped in Knoxville until midnight, enjoying the extended hours and followed up with a good meal at Chilis near the mall. By the time we left, we found that we were worn out and just wanted to get to a room. As we came into Pigeon Forge, that flashing sign again caught our eye, but this time, we decided to at least look at a room.
We stopped in and entered the lobby to meet Carol, who was a dream, exceptionally polite and patient. We asked to see a room, which I have done in my travels, getting my driver's license out and laying them on the counter as a means of security for the preview. Carol swiped out key, gave the room number on the 3rd floor for the the King Jacuzzi,we were interested in. Opening the door, my wife and I were both amazed with the size of the room, the Jacuzzi is not crammed in the bathroom, the bed was comfortable, the room was certainly clean which lead me to my area of common concern. The bathroom. It was impressive to say the least, lots of room, very clean and has plenty of outlets. There is a full length mirror out side the bathroom door, the hairdryer easily reached out of the bathroom to the mirror. I was certainly impressed with the room for its quoted price of $54 a night. We returned to the lobby to gladly accept the room and paid by credit card. As Carol finished with her tasks and I signed the receipt, Carol told us that room was booked for the following day and she would have to put us in another room.
Now came the big question. Do you ask to go see this "new" room before accepting it, or just get the luggage and go see what your going to be slapped with! We chose the latter and scared to death, we opened the door to our "new" room, peering in like grade school kids into a haunted house. What did we find? The exact same room, in the exact same condition that we have just previewed. Our fears were unwarranted. By now it was nearly 2:00 in the morning and we crashed in the bed, to wake the next morning and enjoy the room for the entire weekend. A totally new first for me. We never even made it into Gatlinburg to enjoy the treats, shopping, and dining that we so enjoy. We never made it past Krispy Kreame, but I have no regret!
Our weekend was a great time together away from our routine, and yet in the middle of everything! Our stay was very comfortable and pleasing. The staff from Carol in the lobby to our housekeeping staff were as polite as anywhere I have ever stayed and treated you as if you were family, not so much a guest. I am telling all my friends of our experience and hope you too will give it a try. Should you have any concern, view your room to make sure its what you expect. I bet you will be as surprised as we were!
Now the kicker... We got all of this, the entire weekends stay, for $124 and some change, including tax. About what we normally spend on 1 nights stay. So we had a bit more money to shop with, but over a longer stay or travel with a family, what more needs to be said! The savings will make your vacation. I guess I have ranted long enough, but if you have any questions, fire them to me, be more that glad to respond.
Want to add, We are reserving a perfect score because its been my belief that nothing is perfect, just really close. This is one of those scores!

Room Tip: Types of rooms for every need, but each are configured to have a condo feel. The clean indoor pool/h...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank medic803

People are always amazed our hotel is the quality it is with the price offered. We strive to be, hands down, the best value in Pigeon Forge and that's why we confidently advertise it on our sign, unlike many others. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Just checked out of this hotel. I honestly cannot figure out where the bad reviews came from! I reserved this room about 3 weeks ago, and I've had no problems. Check-in was a breeze, and the final total they charged was $30 LESS than the total quoted on our reservation! As far a cleanliness goes, our room was immaculate. The front desk area was spotless, as were the hallways. I can see where a few of the noise complaints came from, as I did hear people talking in the hallways on walkie talkies and the maids chatting around 8:30 am. It wasn't an annoyance though, since I was already awake. The beds were very comfortable, and our tv worked great. The one and only negative ting I have to say about this hotel is about the pool area. The pool & hot tub themselves were extremely clean, however the area they were in was in dire need of cleaning and repair. Ceiling was rusty and the floor was dingy. Also, the hot tub made a terrible screeching noise when the jets were turned on. It was very easy to look past though, because everything else was absolutely fantastic! My husband and I come to Pigeon Forge several times a year, and we will definitely be making this our hotel of choice when we return.

• Stayed: December 2011
Cindy2385, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the friendly staff, super-clean rooms, and fantastic price, and even happier to hear you will return. Thank you so much for your comments!!!