“Addictive apple fritters!”

Cuisines: Fast food
Neighbourhood: Green Hills
Neighbourhood: Green Hills
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

There was a line out the door, but after one bite of my apple fritter I knew it was worth the wait. I'll be back, Donut Den, and I might even buy the T-shirt!

Reviewed 3 February 2016

I have passed this place for a decade now and have never once stopped in to get a donut. I am a donut person. I grew up eating quality donuts in Pittsburgh. I have tried so many donuts in the south and haven't found a great donut to stand up to the many great donut shops I have visited. UNTIL NOW. Granted I like a cold milk with my donut and I did not see that in their drink cooler. Drinks are not their forte. The cocoa powder hot water drink is not my style. I want a milk based hot chocolate with whipped cream. I hope they add this to the menu. I will return regardless. As it was my first time in this donut haven I wasn't sure which one to choose so I asked the young lady if she had a favorite or if they had a specialty. Then out of the corner of my eye I could see a man peeking from a door from the left as he made his way out. i thought, uh oh, I'm in trouble. But I was wrong. I encountered the nicest man to ever work in the confection industry. It was the owner. He was not just proud of his creations. It was as if it was his children going to march into the tastebuds as a sacrifice of his love and labor. This man knows donuts. He gave me a company history, a tour, and a box of his finest. Even the sign has a history. It comes from Memphis along with the secret recipe for this most high honored donut delight. Finally, I have found in Nashville a true donut and a fellow connoisseur of donut serendipity. Now I know if I want a donut I have to go to Green Hills across from the Trader Joe's and Next to the Nail Salon.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Oh MY ! One can smell the donuts all the way down hillsboro road!
These donuts are worth every calorie ! OH MY ! Buy buy the dozen if you can afford the calories !Located in the heart of green hills, Donut Den has been a Nashville establishment for as long as I can remember ! Its almost a right of passage to grow up eating these donuts ! One of Reese Witherspoons favorites as well !
Last time I was in there someone was overnighting a dozen to Chicago ! You can't get theses donuts anywhere but here ! Try the apple fritters, especially when they are hot ! The kronuts are a favorite, but sell out quickly. Mr.Fox the delightful owner is often there to serve you ! ENJOY !

Reviewed 6 January 2016

After braving Trader Joe's on a Sunday afternoon, we decided to reward ourselves with a donut from Donut Den. This was my first time here. I want to say I've had donuts from Donut Den before, but I've never been inside this location. Parking is a little rare in front of the store, we parked more near Parnassus bookstore. We came in around 2pm on Sunday. Two, high school girls were behind the counter. We looked over the cases, they still had a large selection for it being in the afternoon. We picked a regular cake donut and one with sprinkles and icing. Both together was about $2.25. Not bad at all. The cake donut was great. I liked the sprinkles and icing one, but I'm glad I split it because it's very rich.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

There is a such a great experience smelling the donuts when you walk in the doors. Early in the morning is the best time to get the best selection of donuts. The donut holes are simply hard to put down.