“Best Apple Fritters!”
Review of The Donut Place

The Donut Place
Ranked #23 of 33 Bakeries in Nashville
Reviewed 2 February 2017

This place has the best apple fritters. I love their custard filled too! Only bad thing about this place is if you don't get there early there many not be anything left.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2015

If you want some great donuts, just go to this place. The lady behind the counter said they were known for their Apple Fritters, so of course we tried one. Fantastic, we took a couple of them back to the hotel. They had many different kinds of donuts and they all looked great. The ones we had tasted very fresh, unlike some of the items you get at Dunken Donuts. This place is FAR above average, as another reviewer said and the prices are very inexpensive.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 3 June 2015

A Saturday morning quest to try a new donut place. That was my mission for the morning. This place is a little hard to find. It has "best donuts" printed out on paper & a "Sub House" sign. I guess it's two business in one. I'm not sure. I walked in & noticed a collection of different house plants & random pictures. Feels like the 80's to me. Not a bad thing, just that it's been around.

With a sign like "best donuts" I was expecting cases & cases off different donuts & pasties. No. Not the case. They have one small case & they had 5 different types of donuts. Donut holes, cinnamon twists, chocolate donuts, apple fritters & a blueberry donut. With those options, I got an apple fritter & blueberry donut.

The apple fritter was good, nothing amazing though. It reminded me of a gas station fritter. I didn't see any apple in it at all, the flavor was apple but I guess they don't put apples in it. The blueberry was good, moist & very sweet.

Overall the donuts were good, not great. I was disappointed in the selection of donuts. I think they should just focus on the subs and not advertise "best donuts".

Date of visit: February 2015