“Lunch buffet is the only good thing about this place-service is horrible!”

Tenno Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,525 of 2,352 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I'm giving it two stars ONLY because the sushi is pretty good and it's a good value for a sushi lunch buffet. The experience I had with my server today was awful. They normally have two servers for lunch--an Asian woman and a European woman. The European woman is always very friendly and nice, but she wasn't there today. The Asian woman was the only server working the lunch shift. Every time I have been there she is very surly and I really don't like it when she is my server. I have gone in there enough that I guess she knows that I usually get water to drink, but she never asked me--just brought it to my table. In fact, she never uttered a word to me the entire time I was there, which I think is very rude.

As I was eating my lunch, another table was seated next to me. She brought their drinks (mostly waters) out on a tray and PUT THE TRAY DOWN ON MY TABLE as she handed out the drinks. In the meantime, my glass was empty and I asked her if I could have some water as well. She gave me a nasty look, picked the tray up and put it on the other table and never acknowledged my request. She eventually brought out a water pitcher and gave me some water, but she only filled the glass about halfway.

A little while later she brought me my check. I put my credit card on the tray and when she came to get it to run my payment, SHE PUT ANOTHER TABLE'S DIRTY DISHES ON MY TABLE and left them there while she went up to the front counter to run my card.

I'm not sure if I will go back, but if I do I will make sure she is not my server. I don't know why this woman is so hateful.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Tenno's is our go-to place in Brentwood for dinner when we want something nice and filling on our way home after a long, strenuous day. It's never crowded at the dinner hour, and the service is prompt and courteous. We generally order a Bento Box. It gives us good soup, 4 California rolls, just enough tempura, and a serving of beef teriyaki that is very satisfying, along with rice and salad. We enjoy Japanese food, and while Tenno's does not come up to some of the dinners we have had while visiting Japan, it does some things very well. The sushi is excellent and the teriyaki is good "comfort food." We like it much better than the touristy American "Japanese Steak Houses."

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

Tenno is a busy lunch buffet. The restaurant is a bit out of the way and in a location where many businesses are nearby.

I made a visit during lunch and ended up standing in the doorway for about ten minutes before being acknowledged. The restaurant has paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling.

The sushi rolls on the buffet are not necessarily bad, but the tempura rolls are soggy and fall apart easily. The "Titan Roll" was pretty good and I would highly recommend getting that one. The tuna was pretty fresh when I went and so I ate lots of sashimi.

On the far end of the buffet there are a few meat dishes like sesame chicken and fried pork dumplings.

The table service for soft drinks and water was tough the day I went because the place was just so busy.

All in, I cannot say I will go back.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 23 September 2015

By no means was this the best Sushi restaurant I have been to, but it was good. The staff was great. It was not that busy when I was there and the turn around time was great. The food was very fresh and everything tasted good. Presentation was lacking a bit, but I don't think this is that kind of place. I would not take customers here for a business dinner, but I would go back otherwise.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We enjoy their lunch buffet as you can try a bit of everything. To start you have the choice of salad or soup then they have 8 different kinds of sushi, 4 hot dishes, then the Goyza, fried vegetable, Japanese donuts and mini cupcakes are on the side.

Date of visit: August 2015