“UNCLEAN & UNFRIENDLY” 1 of 5 bubbles

Extended Stay America - Nashville - Vanderbilt
Ranked #105 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“UNCLEAN & UNFRIENDLY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

This place is like an apartment that has been vacated by a nasty resident. It smells bad, housekeeping only did a slight wipe at the bathroom and the room just looked unkept. The assistant Mgr. was hostle at best and not even the least bit kind. I give it a -5 on all counts.

Room Tip: Pick only places that have been reviewed by TripAdvisor or use an internet search to look for compla...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I tried to stay at this property for 17 days while I was visiting Vanderbilt University. They purport to be a good place for such longer stays, but I will never stay here again. The room was extremely noisy at night due to people in the room above me pacing back and forth stomping on the floor during all hours of the night. Also, when I simply walked quietly through the room, the water in a bottle sitting on the counter would register movement. When someone the any of the rooms adjacent to mine upstairs would walk (even quietly), the "art" on the wall would rattle. After a 2-week stay here, I was completely exhausted from lack of sleep and moved to a different location. This facility should NOT be marketed to anyone who is going to be in Nashville for work and needs to sleep at night. I tried to talk to the people at the front desk, and there seemed to be nothing they could do. The top floor of the property is a smoking floor, so if you do not want to be in a smoky environment, you have no choice to not have upstairs neighbors. The people at the front desk told me they talked to the people in the room above me several times (and I should add that the room above me changed occupants several times while I was staying there) but this seemed to make no difference at all. By the way, this property has a phone system where the phone numbers of the rooms are not linked to the room number, so there was no way for me to call the people in the room above me when they were keeping me awake. All the front desk people were able to do is to offer me to move me to a different room, but I couldn't see myself being there for an extended stay and having to move rooms every few nights after another sleepless night when new sleepless people moved in upstairs. I understand that the front desk people don't have many options. It seems to me that the construction of the building is just not amenable to quiet stays and I suspect that the lay-out of the rooms doesn't help - the layout is such that the one place you have to put you clothes is a rod and shelf on the wall (there is NO closet in the room) in the far corner of the room and so you end up walking back and forth in the room between the shelf and the bathroom or kitchenette. This property could use a good overhaul to enable soundproofing and make the rooms generally more comfortable. Maybe then you could also get a window that opens the way it is supposed to...

Having been sleep deprived for two 3-night stretches and turning into a sleep-walking robot when I had to work during the day, I checked out of this property early and went to another place just a few blocks down the street, closer to Vanderbilt, and that had free wifi, a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room. This place also had a front desk that was manned 24 hours and a complimentary shuttle to anywhere within a 3-mile radius. I wish someone had warned me about the Extended Stay!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank xprncd_trvlr
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed here in August 2011 with our two children. Even though we had booked a non-smoking room, we were given a smoking room that smelled of stale smoke. The room was very basic, with two double beds and a chair recliner that had cigarette burn holes in the fabric. There was no closet, just a rack with no hangers. The TV was basic, with a few channels that would cut out in bad weather. The front desk staff was very helpful, though. The washer and dryers were $2 each, amd the dryer needed three cycles to dry one load. Make sure to take your cleaning elsewhere!
The old fashioned mechanical key cards were a nice change of pace and made life easier for us. Overall, basic accommodations, but a good location with easy access to all parts of town. Close to the University and many religious institutions.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chennai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

I stayed here 2.5 months in a Non smoking room on the 2nd floor and it was a charm. The cleaning was took place once per week as per schedule and everything was ok except for the restroom.. They had a sink which was leaking water all the time and you can hear it during the night when sleeping. I complained but they said they had no other rooms and it was not going to be easy to fix it...The fridge had some kind of a leak had to constantly keep changing towels so that it does not spoil the food...Learnt it the hard way after finding a larg pizza from Jets swimming in water the next day morning..

Other than these small difficulties it was a very nice place to stay in..a lot of good resturants (Indian - 3 and 1 vegetarian in that) some other good places liek Tin Angel , Brcik Tops , Outback just opposite to the hotel , Rumba , J Alexanders (amazing steak house) etc etc etc

Vacated the room , went to Pittsburgh came back to stay here for an other week and got a smoking room on the 4th floor since all others were occupiupied..I have never smoked..but have never been against anyone smoking or the smell. Got to the room and it was horrific ..the carpet was ugly with a lot of stains and cigarette bruns...The smell was so bad , I had to open the windows to keep me alive...got into bed and the bed and smelt cigarettes....even worse the towels in the restroom smelled the same way...I came down said I was vacating since i cant stand the stench and immidialktely got a non smoking room....There are a couple of good people at the front desk and one specifically whoe doesnt care or even acknowledges what you say...

But I love Nahsville...if you have the money you shoudl probably take the Hamton inn or Mariott at Vandy and they are much better..I have stayed there and this is no comparison.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Squaw Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

We were there for 2 nights in 2 rooms; 2 couples and one friend. We asked for cab service, after just over an hour of waiting, I had to call the cab service, which informed me that the front desk turned them away once already upon arrival to pick us up. Once I brought it to the front desk's attention, they were very short and very rude, denying that any cab came for us. Problem after problem arose the next 48 hours, including maid services waking us up at 7:am every morning.
Terrible stay, do not bother. The rooms were mediocre, the staff highly unprofessional, and the cleanliness was seriously lacking! We found numerous long black hairs between our sheets, on the bathroom floors, etc. We would rather stay in our rental car next time!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends