“Best Dog in Nashville”

Cori's DogHouse
Ranked #267 of 2,041 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 2 locations in Nashville
World
“Best Dog in Nashville”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Near Vandy, just off West End behind the Apple Market is Cori's Doghouse. It's locally owned, even though it has the feel and look of a franchise. All-beef dogs, something like 35 toppings, and the sealer of the deal - a buttered and grilled piece of bread about 2" thick - make this the best dog in Nashville by far. The fries are hand cut and the onion rings are dipped in fresh batter. If the weather is nice, they open up the screened windows. It doesn't get better than this, whether you're in the mood for an exotic dog, or you're a mustard and ketchup guy like me, this is the joint.

• Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Hot Diggity Dog!”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I'm still daydreaming about this place! I ordered the Virginia dog (coleslaw & onions) & my hubby ordered the Memphis (bacon, BBQ, coleslaw & onions). We couldn't stop saying "mmmmmm" from the first bite straight on through to the last. Their coleslaw is heavenly - just the right amount of sweet & mayo. We also ordered their Fried Pickles, which were also tasty (& apparently award winning).

We enjoyed our dogs so much that we went back again on our drive home ...

The people working there were also notably friendly ... nothing beats a delicious hot dog & service with a smile!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Talk about being pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I have to admit that from outside appearances, Cori's looks like it might be an experience similar to visiting The Varsity in Atlanta. Even the menu, with its wide selection of hot dogs regionally dressed up, doesn't provide any clues as to what you are about to experience. Cori's does a great take on a hot dog. It would, quite simply, give any of the best "chicago" hot dog joints a run for their money. I had the Tennessee dog, their take on the southern classic staple of slaw, chili & mustard. My wife got the Chicago. They were both excellent. It was great and we can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“The Burger Up in the Nashville hotdog scene.”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I will start by telling I don't like hotdogs but after striking out at the Pancake Pantry and Mas Taco (closed for needed renovations until 1/3/12) we ended up Cori's.
Our party of dog lover was quite happy with the wide selections (38) and the endless amount of pile-on options.
The place was very clean and fresh, void of greasy smells. I enjoyed my sausage dog with slaw and was quite full only after one dog. We would have paid more than what we were charged since we all left happy only complaining that we could not more.

1 Thank zigzagzap
Nashvillle
“Sometimes it's good to be in the doghouse! Cori's Doghouse, that is!”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I borrowed this slogan from Cori's as today it was good to be "in the doghouse." My friend and I enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere at the new Cori's on 29th, just off West End. While the hot dogs were very tasty, the accompanying bun which had been buttered and grilled was the bomb! We each chose the Baltimore Dog (coleslaw and bacon) and because we couldn't decide we had the onion rings, friend pickles and mushrooms. First, the Baltimore was thick, juicy and very filling. At first glance the coleslaw seemed a bit much but by the end of our meal, we had managed to devour every bit of the bun and coleslaw.

Onion rings, my favorite, were thin, crisp and were hand battered and cooked to perfection. The accompanying sauce was very good as it was on all the sides. My friend thought the fried sliced pickles were her favorite but that's not to say the mushrooms weren't good because they were.
The decor is so much fun, red and yellow, which reminds you of ketchup and mustard. There's a big screen tv playing at all times. Service is friendly and prompt. Next time I'll break out of my coleslaw phase and try something different...

• Visited September 2011