“Plain Jane...but just right!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville
Ranked #10 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Jackson, Tennessee
“Plain Jane...but just right!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I read a review prior to going to MIS in Nashville...it said that this was the "bare bones" of a hotel room. THIS IS SO TRUE! No refridgerator, no hair dryer, no shampoo in the shower...BUT....

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! The linens were wonderful! We didn't need all of the fancy amenities. We were able to keep our dog with us (be forewarned: you may not leave the pet unattended...caged or not...they must go with you if you leave). Just so thrilled with this hotel...the price, pet-friendly, great customer service...

Breakfast consists of:
Muffins: Blueberry & Banana Nut
Bagels
Cereal: Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Cheerios
Fruit
Oatmeal
Coffee, Orange Juice, Milk

If you aren't in the mood for fancy and expensive, but you like cleanliness....this is the hotel for you!

Room Tip: No fridge, no hair dryer, only soap in the bathrooms (no extra amenities)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CSGriswold
Microtel-Nashville, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
I am happy to hear that you are so pleased with our Microtel. Hairdryers will soon be mounted into every room. Shampoo, razors, toothbrushes and toothpaste as well as shower caps, etc are also complimentary and are available at the front desk. Please be sure to ask for these items if you need them or forget yours. We will see you next time you visit Nashville!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

We stayed here before & did again for one night on our way thru Nashville because they allow dogs. (A comment about that later.)

The place is in Bellevue, about 13 mi from downtown. It's located near restaurants & some shopping & close to I-40.

Rooms are very basic but clean. If you need a hair dryer, you get it at the desk. Furnace was loud and interrupted our sleep so much that we turned it off in middle of night.

It's OK for.a night or two if you just need a clean place to stay.

RE: Dogs... They charge $15/night per dog. Please. Get a clue from La Quinta. You don't need to charge anything unless the animal does damage.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Moonette
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review. Hairdryers will soon be a fixture in every guest room. Our reasonable pet fee covers the additional cleaning (lint rolling cushions , etc, for hair, offen shampooing is needed) that results from having a pet occupy a room. This extra attention after a pet has occupied a room contributes to the "very clean" we keep recieving in these reviews. We hope to see you next time you are in town.
Kansas City, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

You get what you pay for. The rooms were small, but clean. I'd stay there again given the price. The only thing I had an issue with was the shower head and mixing valve. It could've been less abrasive and easier to use. Also the breakfast was mostly carbs but pretty good. I did like that it is very close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Microtel-Nashville, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review us here. I do apologize as I know the shower is tricky to use. I can only assume it is this way as a child safety measure. We have added fruit and yogart to the breakfast in the last few months in an effort to balance the muffins, begals and cereals. I am glad that you found our price and location delighting. Although the Microtel Single Bed Rooms are smaller, thank you for pointing out that most importantly, we are clean.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I had never been to Nashville before but I had stayed at Microtel's and I prefer them to other hotels so this one was a no brainer. Yes it is about 13 miles from downtown, but it was worth the drive.
Yes, the rooms are small, but they are just fine. The front desk staff was great, very helpful and kind. I actually spent about 30 minutes chatting with one of the ladies about where to go and what to do in downtown. There were a few items we forgot at home, iron & blow dryer so the staff was nice enough to lend us theirs. Upon arrival I do what I do in all hotels I stay at... stripped the beds and checked them for bugs. I am happy to say that this is another CLEAN & BUG FREE Microtel!!!!
They do not offer shampoo in the rooms, I think this might be part of their "Going Green" thing which I have no problem with... I always bring my own, plus there is WalGreens down the street if you need some.
I will say this though... the bed is a little hard, I am used to the Microtel beds being soft, this one was not. It served its purpose.
All in all... I am very happy that I stayed here and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: It smelled like the "Smoking" rooms were on the 3rd floor... so if you don't like smok...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Microtel-Nashville, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad that you found your stay so enjoyable. The beds actually are Brand New (less then a month old) Simmons ones, which may explain why they felt firm. Perhaps over some time they will break in some. We can't wait to see you again
Beaver Dam, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Passing through area to travel the Trace. Convenient, clean and great for an over night stay. They even have a pool. Next door to an O charleys.

• Stayed September 2011