“Very Friendly Staff”

Ranked #12 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Bristol
“Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We were very impressed with hospitality of each employee we encountered. Fantastic staff!!!

The hotel was good, not great. Bathroom wasn't spotless like I have seen in other Hampton Inns I have stayed at, but reasonably clean. I usually like to relax by soaking in a hot bath, but I didn't feel comfortable taking a bath in the tub in our room based on the cleanliness. It wasn't scary...just not well scrubbed. I was fine with showering in there, but would have liked to have taken a hot bath, as well.

Walking distance to Opryland (and half the price with no resort fee or parking fee like at Opryland...plus you get free breakfast, which you will not get at the Opryland Hotel).

There is also a free shuttle to Opryland.

We are happy with our choice to stay here. We were comfortable and had a nice visit to Nashville and the Christmas decorations and shows were wonderful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JussPeachey
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The hotel is in a good location within walking distance of Opryland and has a shuttle bus for those who need it.
The rooms are well appointed even if our suite was a little strange in having the sink as part of the main room rather than the bathroom!
Overall great value but skip the breakfast ...yuk!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaulKenny
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Looking for a change in the traditional Thanksgiving belly stuffing activities, we (my wife, son & I) stayed at this hotel. I booked it online via Priceline and got a great price for a 2 King size bed studio with easy access to the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (they will shuttle you there !!) . The room was big and nicely decorated (standard Hampton Inn theme). Everything was clean, looked very upgraded and organized at our arrival. Microwave, mini-fridge and wet bar. The LCD TV was a little tricky to figure out at first, but after 10 minutes, I was able to do the parental block, etc. I wonder why don’t the hotels have it already blocked and let you do the unblocking, especially if you have younger children. Similar to the internet access… Have a code? Then surf …

My only complaint is my standard one regarding the inability to control the A/C or heater to where you can leave the fan running to act as white noise. These were the type that shuts on/off continuously. It really disturbs our sleep every time it starts.

Other than that this was a great stay, great price, nice hotel and staff. The morning breakfast was great also. All kinds of cereal, pastries, canned fruit, juice, coffee, bread, muffins ……. And a hot mini-omelet, potatoes and sausage.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sts9292
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 November 2011

While the property is clean and the rooms are adequate, my stay at this Hampton Inn was ruined because of a theft. A piece of jewelry was stolen from my room during my stay at this hotel. It happened the day before I left, and I didn't discover it was missing until I was packing to leave. The manager on duty was absolutely no help at all and didn't even ask for a description of the stolen item or my contact information. After repeated calls, I finally reached the property manager, and her response was that there was nothing they could do & I should have used the hotel safe. My bracelet was well hidden, so whomever stole it didn't just find it sitting on a counter. If you stay at this hotel, don't leave anything the least bit valuable or sentimental in your room. And if something is stolen, don't expect any help or even an apology from the staff or management. I used to be a fan of the Hampton Inn chain but after this experience I will never go back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
12 Thank R L
TimHorne, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
I would first of all like to start this response by saying that we do take this issue very seriously. We spoke with this guest a couple of times. In this review I find it very interesting that we were given the malicious title of being hotel thieves. However, when we spoke with the guest, she herself acknowledged that she was not sure if she had this item with her at our hotel. Even though she acknowledged the fact that she was not sure if she had it we still investigated this claim thoroughly. We got a full description of this bracelet and went to work that same day investigating. It does not happen often, however, when there is a claim of theft we take it very seriously. The locks are read to determine who has been in the rooms and at what times they were in the rooms, tapes are reveiwed, etc. We have a zero tolerance for theft. I would also like to point out the fact that we have a very honest staff. We have had staff members turn in wallets that were lost (with money inside), and we have even had a situation where someone lost $200 cash on our property in the hallway and a staff member found that money and turned it in. I do understand that it is probably very frustrating to find something missing. However due to the fact that the guest has acknowledged that she is not sure if she even had the bracelet here, I am hurt by the blatent decree that we are thieves.
Reviewed 12 November 2011

What a great place to stay and friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Clean facilities and near the Grand Ole Opryland.

• Stayed November 2011