“Do the backstage tour”

Ranked #1 of 270 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the most famous concert halls in the history of country music, this auditorium still hosts live music events.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We really enjoyed the history and backstage tour of the Ryman. Historic space and beautiful room. I really wish I lived nearby and could attend a show here ... Loved all the posters on the walls... Our tourguide was sweet but was very put off by finding part of a joint backstage after a concert ... It was kind of hilarious, really.. I mean .. it could have been a lot worse! LOL

All reviews
"self guided tour"
in 1,195 reviews
"backstage tour"
in 907 reviews
"mother church of country music"
in 310 reviews
in 163 reviews
"bucket list"
in 121 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the movie that they showed, I could visit thia place again, I needed more time. It was nice to see all the performers that had played on the stage at the Ryman. A must see for those visiting Nashville.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We took the backstage tour at Ryman. This is a fascinating historical place for country music. I would definitely take the backstage tour, even though it costs a little more. We enjoyed seeing the whole place and learning about what goes on behind the scenes. Book the tour online ahead of time and choose your time. We booked the first one of the day and it was less crowded.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you remember the Grand Ole Opry, this is the place you want to visit. The building is a historical marvel for its time. The educational film that is shown at the beginning of the visit is entertaining as well as informative. We skipped the back stage tour at the new opry location outside Nashville and did the Ryman instead and aren't sorry.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We loved our first visit here. The intro video was great and kept our toddlers attention. The self guided tour was nice and enjoyable. My only critique is that you can stand on stage and have your picture taken. There is a photographer there which is fine. We were already buying a picture but my toddler wanted to go back up and sing. There was no line or anything and when she asked me to take another pic of her the photographer rudely said no personal photography allowed. So my daughter cried.