All reviews grand ole opry courtyard properties front desk typical courtyard indoor pool near opryland hot tub shuttle bus staff was friendly and helpful desk staff shuttle service cracker barrel clean rooms attending a conference up to date water pressure great place to stay
Reviewed 2 April 2011

We stayed here one night while traveling through Nashville based on comments from this site. We got a good price the day before we stayed on priceline.com and this was the best of many hotels in this area. The hotel has been redecorated and the rooms were very clean and quiet and the beds were very comfortable. Free parking was right out front. The exercise equipment and indoor pool were nice and clean. You could eat in the newly renovated (note - not free) eating area and the food looked good although we chose a nearby Waffle House. The staff was great and the night manager even plunged our toilet. So if you want a clean nice hotel for this area, as opposed to the lesser ones bearby, this one is a good choice, even if the price, when purchased directly, is fairly high.

Room tip: Not too far to downtown if you have a car
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank travelsalotoo
Reviewed 2 April 2011

I travelled to Nashville in March with my elderly mother and two sisters. The hospitality of the staff at this hotel was amazing. They went well beyond our expectations of service.
The shuttle drivers Eric and Noah were very friendly and sweet to my mother who was slow and needed assistance getting in and out of the van. We used the shuttle a lot and they went out of their way to get us where we needed to go. We felt like we’d made a new friend with Eric. Everyone we encountered at the desk was amazing as well. At our arrival, we met Wayne, who straightened out a mix-up with the room selections and got us quickly into our rooms with an early check-in. When we were in the lobby waiting for a tour bus to take us to the Grand Ole Opry, David (I think that was his name), saved us from missing the show altogether. He made some phone calls for us, realized that the tour bus wasn’t coming, and the show had already started. He quickly arranged for Noah, who was off duty, to take us to the show. Noah immediately dropped everything, and shuttled us over and even picked us up afterwards.

I didn’t care for the colours of the walls, but the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I asked for an extra blanket, and it was brought up in about five minutes. The Bistro restaurant was OK, but nothing spectacular. The fruit was fresh, but the breakfast sandwich that I had was not very good. It was only open in the mornings and evenings and had a limited selection of items on the menu.

The location of the hotel was within a short driving distance to the Grand Ole Opry and various restaurants. We were dissappointed that the nearby mall was closed, however. Although I did not bring my computer, it was nice to know that free wireless internet was offered in the rooms.

I would recommend this hotel. The staff are extremely friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the shuttle service was exceptional.

1  Thank smallworld172
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I wanted to stay at the gaylord Opryland, where my conference was being held, but they were overbooked so I ended up at the Courtyard. I was very surprised and pleased at the quality of this hotel. I've stayed in others Courtyards over the years, but I was really blown away by the very warm hospitality, and the genuine people who worked there. The lobby area really is a nice place to be. Just as other reviews state, it is very up to date, with free computers, a wonderful little bistro, etc. The indoor pool area and fitness center looked to be well kept as well, although I didn't get time to use either. The location is a bit out of the way, but the shuttle bus is ALWAYS on the go, and I think they try very hard to accommodate any special requests - its almost like having a free taxi at your disposal. Overall I think these folks do a bang-up job, given the relatively low cost of my stay. Maybe I'm just not used to that true "southern hospitality ?". Either way I plan on returning to Nashville when I have time to stay for some fun.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank jcook52
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel to visit Opryland and go to a show at the Opry. I stayed with my fiance and we enjoyed are time in Nashville.

Pros:
Very clean - the hotel has been recently renovated and everything looks nice. The room was very clean when we arrived and the hotel was well maintained.

Free Internet and Business Center - It looks like Courtyards now have free internet around the country. We used the internet in our room to look up restaurants and things to do. We were also able to print all of our information out at the business center.

Restaurant - The new Bistro was nice. We ordered breakfast and we liked the egg sandwich.

Free Parking

Pool/Hot Tub - enjoyed a nice soak in the hot tub. Nothing special, but worked well.

Cons:
Location - As mentioned before, this is not walking distance to Opryland Resort and it is a drive to the center of Nashville.

Shuttle - they offer a shuttle to the Opryland resort for $10 per room per stay. So if you are going over frequently this may be a good deal. However, they were inflexible in times and will only drop you off at one location. We wanted to go the Opry, but it will only take you to Opryland Resort. Also, the shuttle stops running at 10:30, so if you catch a late show, the shuttle is no longer running.

If you are going to a show or want to visit Opryland, I highly reccommend driving to the mall parking lot. Because of the floods the mall is shut down and you can park right in front of the Opry and 5 minutes away from the Opryland resort and it is FREE!! We found this out after we wasted $10 on the shuttle and had a big fight because we were trying to stay on the shuttle schedule.

Bed - Its the standard Courtyard bed. Its not that comfortable. My fiance did not like it all. I am fairly used to it. If you like beds from the higher end hotels, this will not meet your expectations.

Overall, I had a great weekend, but the hotel was not the best part. There was nothing real bad, but everything left me wanting a little more. Not worth it for the price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank citydweller25
Reviewed 22 January 2011

This was the usual Courtyard -- updated, nice bistro/lobby, clean rooms -- but it wasn't "walking distance" (as suggested on their website) to the Opryland, where I had meetings. Excellent staff, nice breakfast in the morning, though -- good place, just not as close to Opryland as advertised.

Date of stay: January 2011