New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
Ranked #96 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Aylett, Virginia
“Comfortable beds, lousy shower”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

The beds were very comfortable. I was a little scared about not sleeping in my sleep number bed but actually woke up without any physical complaints. Shower was absolutely horrible though. We had our two children (ages 4 and 7) and when we went out for the FREE breakfast, we were very disappointed that they only had bran flakes available. Also, a Rated R movie was playing in the dining area and when I asked the front desk clerk to change the channel, she gave me a big ole' attitude.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LindaF719
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I am officially about to gross anyone that reads this out. On 10/28 I was driving cross country and had pre-booked this hotel on expedia.com. I arrived in Nashville after about a 12 hour drive and was so exhausted and relieved to be there that I couldnt wait to get up to my room. After getting my things in my room and starting to get settled I noticed my cat inspecting an item on the other side of the bed that I was sitting on. I got up to go see what it was... It was used condoms, condom wrappers and used tissue. I immediately notified the front desk and they came to inspect only to say "The housekeeping crew is new. They must have missed it." I left after getting my refund and drove another thirty minutes to another hotel that had actually been cleaned. This is the first time I have ever written a trip review but I think EVERYONE should know. DO NOT STAY HERE. Drive 30 miles and stay at the Hampton Inn...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank jsap404
lq0918GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to notify us regarding your experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology that the room you were assigned was not properly cleaned. It is our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations in both service and accommodations so it is with great disappointment that I hear how we’ve fallen short of that goal. Please be assured that this problem was addressed with our housekeeping department and measures have been taken to prevent further cleaning issues of this type.

We do know that you have many choices for your hotel accommodations a hope you will continue to include La Quinta in your future travel plans.
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Remember those keys that had all the holes in them that you had to insert just right into the slot? Yeah... they still use those here.

Stayed here before and you can't really beat it for the price. All rooms have tiny balcony which could be a good treat if you're staying there for more than one day. The sink is seperate from the bathroom but the water pressure is great in the shower.

Breakfast is average with the normal cereal, coffee, and yogurt... but they did have a waffle maker. Score for that.

Parking is plentiful and free and the staff was friendly. Can't beat that for the price. I'm not paying Ritz prices so why should I expect the Ritz? Good location to with easy access to Briley Parkway.

Room Tip: Might ask to stay in the lobby facing rooms. Otherwise you're facing a loud roadway.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mtsublueraider
Sherman, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I pulled in at 2AM while on the way to meet some friends in far east TN. I was very tired, had traveled about 600 miles, & still had 350 miles to go.

The hotel clerk was very friendly, knew I was ready to put my head down for some rest, and had me checked-in quickly. The room was quiet & clean. The bathroom was clean. The bed was comfortable. My check-out experience was just as outstanding as my check-in.

I would definitely stay here again & recommend this hotel to anyone. I stayed at this hotel about 1 1/2 years ago, had an equally great experience, & that is why I chose to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Old hotel, dated interior, room smelt smoky, windows couldn't shut, windows let lots of freeway traffic noise in, toilet didn't flush properly - for $98, definitely not worth the value, was the worst hotel on a cross country drive

Room Tip: Don't stay here it's a rip off
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike T
lq0918GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to notify us regarding the difficulties you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you letting us know how we fell short of your expectations.

We apologize that your experiience was not what you expected. Our hotel staff consistently strives to provide a service that is superior in every respect, and it is through the constructive comments of our customers that we are able to correct problems so that appropriate corrections are made.

We know you have many choices for your hotel accommodations and hope you will continue to include La Quinta in your future travel plans.