I will begin by saying that we went here for a 5 day conference paid for by my husband's employer. We would not have gone here on our own. The people arranging the conference were able to get the expensive daily resort fee waived (which, from what I could figure, bought a couple bottles of water daily), and arranged for a significantly lower nightly cost than is stated for the "normal" traveler. Also, self parking is $20 daily. Other than that... this place is amazing. It took me a few days to learn my way around, and I always carried a map. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely accommodating and always helpful. The "gardens" are astounding... Every bit as nice as any botanical gardens I have ever been to, and all in a climate controlled (i.e. not 100 degrees like outside) environment. We spent one evening just walking around the different gardens and watching the dancing water area. I was told that they have an evening water show in the Delta Atrium - however the evening we were eating near there, our view was blocked by banana trees (yes, I said banana trees). If you decide to eat in the conference center with a family or group of people, check out menu prices before going in, especially to The Steakhouse. The food there was amazing, but a steak, salad and a side WITHOUT WINE can easily run $60-70 per person (I should mention the scallops were amazing). The conference center is a short walk (maybe 10 minutes from the Delta exit) to a large outlet mall and to the Grand Old Opry, which is a fun place to visit even if you aren't a country music fan. There are fun restaurants within easy walking distance, often with free nightly music. Several nights we took a round trip shuttle into Nashville, we didn't go with the hotel's shuttle ($20 per person) we went with a private company that was less costly... this is a great idea as you can drink what you want and not worry about driving or trying to find parking in Nashville. Overall, this was a wonderful place to stay, but probably too "touristy" for my taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our Nashville hotel's climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. Near our hotel, take in some of the top attractions in the country like the Grand Ole Opry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel