“Maybe we need to try it again”

Bangkokville Thai Cuisine
Ranked #315 of 2,322 Restaurants in Nashville
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We went to Bangkokville because of the high ratings. My mother is Thai, I was born in Thailand and have eaten Thai all my life. So when I see "authentic", it peaks my curiosity. I want the salty, sweet, sour and hot combination. The food in Thailand varies by regions, so the term "authentic" is relative. I can go with "fusion". My Pad Thai Woonsen had a brothy "sauce" that tasted more like chicken broth with fish sauce. It was overwhelmingly salty. The chicken had a boiled rubbery texture like they made the sauce and threw the chicken in. My husband's Pad Katem also had a very thin salty sauce as well. We rarely ever send anything back or complain. We barely consumed half the meals. The server was attentive and the décor is beautiful. We just couldn't get past the sauces, saltiness and texture.

1  Thank AvaWarner22

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Of course, in the south you would name your Thai restaurant Bangkokville. And if you find yourself south of town on Nolensville Pike this is a good choice. The food is very tasty, and you can modify the heat. The server offered 1-5, and when I said 2, she said 2.5. I said okay and the heat was just fine. My guest got 3, which was noticeably hotter, but not too hot. The red curry was very good, and the spring rolls got us off to a good start. I felt special when the proprietor bowed to me several times. This is probably a place only the locals will find, but if you're a tourist exploring beyond lower Broad, check it out!

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely and inviting small Thai Restaurent with awesome service and food. Loved the prawn chips that they serve with the soup.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The food here is closest you can get to the ones you get in Thailand in the Nashville area. The food is pretty authentic for most of the menu, with a few American Thai dishes thrown in for good measure (This is US afterall).

The setting is reminds me of restaurants along the Patong Beach.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I came to this restaurant because of the great review. Though the people may be very sweet and polite, the food is really not to my taste. I want to know if "authentic" Thai food must be this sweet? If so, maybe we could have a warning before from a review before we drove all the way here to spoil our expectation? We ordered the spring rolls, combination (meat) curry with rice, seafood rice noddle, green tea, and Thai tea. Only the spring rolls are not "sweet". The rest of them are either very sweet or chocking sweet like a big mistake.