Silverwater Resort
Bridge Motel(Newhaven)
Seabreeze Motel(Newhaven)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsphillip islandbedroom apartmenttennis courtsindoor poolgames roomtop floorbuffet breakfastgreat for familiessteam roomtable tenniswasher dryerplay areagreat facilitiesstaff at receptionmid weekpenguin paradethree bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Beautiful location and building design that allows for views across the water and over Phillip Island but our group was consistently let down by some key elements of the service offering.

First example, one of our 20+ person group is a vegetarian. The venue had been notified well ahead of time about this (very common) dietary restriction. One night this person was given a plate of steamed asparagus as her dinner, no other food had been prepared (a risotto was eventually organised by one of the few excellent staff members). Vegetarian options meals were not identified at the buffet meals and requests by organisers for more appropriate service to meet her dietary needs were brushed off.

We had some minor AV issues with our conference room, asked at reception for assistance and was directed to the food and beverage staff, one of whom came to assist but admitted that she really didn't now much about the system or have any extra ideas of how to fix it (other than those we, the clients, had already tried). There was apparently an AV person employed but we were told that they were not available for several hours and could not be contacted...

And the icing on the cake was a SNAFU about an external booking with a cooking school. The original date was cancelled with reception staff some weeks prior, but the second (and crucial step) of re-booking for the amended date never happened, leaving our group with a booked coach, no cooking school event and no meal arranged by the resort.

Some individual staff members were excellent, the rooms were clean and modern and the location is superb. Be great if they could sort out the basic service elements to match

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Silvermanager, Manager at Silverwater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Madwolf3070

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Silverwater Resort.

I have personally investigated your comments and would like the opportunity to discuss your Vegetarian and AV feedback further as my findings vary somewhat to your assessment.

Regarding your offsite dinner; I do agree that we were both let down by a third party who has acknowledged their error and contacted your event organiser personally to apologise. As a further note: the Resort did confirm all changes to the cooking school booking by phone and email which the supplier also acknowledged. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of Silverwater Resort and can understand your frustration but I can assure you that we always acted in accordance with your groups wishes.

Again, thank you for your feedback and if you are willing discuss the above matters further I would be grateful for the opportunity to clarify some of the points raised. Please feel free to contact me direct at the resort at your convenience.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Just spent this weekend at Silverwater resorts for a girlfriend getaway. Left home on friday night for a 2 night stay in a 3 Bedroom/2 bathroom appartment. Last time we had all the families and kids...and this time kids and hubbie free !! So total relaxation, comfort and a fantastic time were top prioities for us all.
Silverwater matched all this criteria. Relaxtion..well from super appartment with lovely quality linen/towels and even top quality shampoos, soaps etc provided in the bathroom. The little extra touches of twinings tea bags, milk in the fridge and nescafe gold coffee satchels in the kitchen were great. Comfort...well spacious with a lovely verandah to take in the sea views and boats sailing by.....Fantastic time...well we had it all in one place...indoor pool, sauna, spa, gym, tennis court and outdoor pool. The weather was mid 30's and how wonderful to stay at a resort with lots of outdoor lounge chairs and even some shade with tables and chairs !
We dined last night at their only restaurant. Let me tell you I am food fussy and the attention to detail and fine food took me by surprise. The restaurant was busy and the waitress never forgot to fill our glasses with cold water. Quick meals and very high quality.
The salt and pepper calamari was the best I have ever had !
Smiles all around always from all the staff everyone. Thankyou Silverwater ! Great work, keep it up and great to have a weekend where I was always smiling away with good friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a top level room as you won't here any noise above from above
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank franjipanikoonya
Reviewed 26 February 2012

the location overlooking the bridge to philip island provides most rooms with fabulous views. the rooms are well equipped with a generous sized sun terrace. Altho we only stayed one night, it appears that longer stays are subject to additional costs in room servicing, and this would make it overly expensive

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stuart q
Silvermanager, Manager at Silverwater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Caroline Q,

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our resort.

I just wanted to quantify your comments regarding servicing and rates.

Our resort was designed to accommodate guests in apartment style accommodation, which incorporates rooms that are larger and better equipped than what you will find at a traditional hotel. In order to keep rates as low as possible we generally do not service our rooms on a daily basis but determine frequency on your length of stay. We have found that this proposition suits the majority of our guests’, however; we can tailor housekeeping services to your preference at an additional cost.

In relation to the rate; we are acutely aware of the need to keep our rates as low as possible while still providing services and facilities that exceed our guest expectations. With this in mind, you will find that our rates are always competitive and become even more attractive the longer that you stay.

I hope this clears up our operation and trust that you have enjoyed your stay in Australia

Yours Sincerely

Stuart Kentish

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed here for the weekend; one 3 bedroom apartment and one 2 bedroom apartment. Everything you need, from a dishwasher to a washing machine/dryer to a bbq on the balcony. Gorgeous sea views from the balcony. Never used the dining table inside, we were lucky to have great weather and enjoy alfresco dining with a picturesque view .
Nice surprise with basic kitchen amenities on arrival, eg. milk, sugar, coffee, 2 varieties of tea, detergents and chocolate. Lots of extra towels and bathroom supplies. Good quality kitchen stone tops and marble bathroom tops with modern furnishings throughout the whole apartment.

Reception staff were very nice, friendly and helpful. Very kind to allow us a late check at the very last minute.
We had a lovely dinner at the restaurant, the staff were great and very attentive. And the food.... DELICIOUS!! You can taste the quality fresh ingredients.

The only negative is only broadband internet is available in the apartments. Wireless is available to those staying in the main hotel, also available at reception/restaurant areas.

Overall, our party of 10, had fabulous time at the resort. Well worth the price for the service and modern/high standard apartments.

Room Tip: Request an apartment on the top floor, so you don't hear footsteps of children running around
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ozzziee
Reviewed 21 February 2012

From start to finish everything was perfect.I chose silverwater after being recommended and after reading reviews on trip advisor.I tried not to have expections that were too high to save any disappointment.However even if my expections had been sky high then Silverwater would have surpassed them for sure.Friendly clean smart but not stuffy great food great facilities beautiful views great apartments close to activities on Philip Island.Pelicans and penguins beaches and all sorts of fun to be had,but the most fun was being together as a family at silverwater.
I have already booked time off work for my next getaway in a few months time with my family.
Silverwater is 10 out of 10 in my books.Cant wait to go back.Even my 3 year old had the holiday blues when it was time to leave.
Thanks to all the silverwater staff for being so helpful professional and genuinely friendly.Service is a major factor in my experience as I spend my working life in the service industry and am appreciative of being looked after well and am extra sensitive of good or bad service.I hope this review will be shown to all the staff as often it's only management that get credit from reviews but this is a thumbs up and a big thankyou to the whole team from hospitality to reception from house keeping to Maintanence.
See you soon