Bass and Flinders Distillery
Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Masterclass is a must do!

Reviewed 6 days ago
704karinaw
Warrnambool
A few tweaks would have made the class

Reviewed 16 September 2018
LadyDiana66
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile

All reviews master class gin making great gin bass gin lovers gin tasting a lot of fun cheese platter purchase price birthday present tasting cost an amazing experience tasting experience small group my partner cellar door take home
Reviewed 6 days ago

I booked my husband and myself in to do the Gin masterclass for his birthday in June and what a great day we had. It is very informative and you learn a lot about the making of Gin and the botanicals that are used and how it changes the taste. You get to make up your own bottle of Gin using the botanical that you like and you get to take this bottle home with you on the day. They have rugs to keep you warm on the cold days while your sitting around tasting and making Gin. Afterwards you came try other things at the bar.....we tried the Mulled Gin! who would have thought something could taste so good. The staff are very helpful and we would highly recommend this activity if your in Red Hill.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We did master class together as a gift for my partner. Too many people and not enough hearing on a cold day didn't set us in the right direction at the beginning. Stuck at the back next to a noisy tasting area meant we missed most of what the guy was saying. Too many people to get a nice individual experience. Set up, for the price, felt amateaur. Cheese platter sounded nice too but was up the front so again missed that! Made our gins and left. Didn't feel unique or looked after, felt like we were part of an income stream for the distillery. Great idea but time to review the concept/strategy and make it great. Easy done!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My partner and I never thought we were gin people, but Bass and Flinders Distillery may have just changed that.
Knowledgeable staff took us through the tasting flight, giving tips and info along the way.
Vodka was one of the most smooth I’ve tasted. Right up there with the premium vodkas from around the world.
Finished with an Ochre, which is a very different type of spirit, perfectly warning on a cold wet day.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Guided by Visit Mornington Peninsula this little place is worth a look if you love gin.
Greeted by Cellar salesperson Michael we were made to feel right at home from the start.
They offer a variety of tastings for a price but only the price of the basic selection is taken off purchase price, which is disappointing. Otherwise. the quality of the gin and customer service was fantastic and we all had a great time-even our 17 and 14year old enjoyed it.
I will remember next time not to pay and extra $50 for a tasting as I was happy to purchase $200 worth of gin. So beware of tasting cost but all gins are fantastic so just especially the Winter Gin and Monsoon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Went to Bass and FLinders Distillery as it was recommended to me to attend the class there, it surpassed all expectations! The Distillery was gorgeous, the class was thoroughly interesting and very interactive! Left with two bottles of my very own recipe of gin and also when they run out the guys at Bass and Flinders will make another batch and mail it to me upon request. I recommend to anyone the class....

1  Thank QuEee2
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to Bass & Flinders as we love their gins and wanted to bring some friends.
Some little issues, but mostly as to be expected as it was a public holiday weekend and there were a lot of patrons. E.g. It was hard to order a certain drink at the bar because people were standing doing tasting flights there and no bartenders were available for quite some time to just order your drink and go.

However the tasting session (a standard occurrence) was quite disappointing. The bartender who started our tasting was great and freely offered information; halfway through another staff member took over and poured around half of previous amounts and was not friendly in answering questions; just wanted to move us on. We could see other staff were giving more generous tastes to others. Our friends had come with a plan of buying a bottle to take home, and by the end didn't really want to waste any more money.

The gin is fantastic but the service needs some work. Unfortunately won't go back any time soon.

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 27 May 2018

The masterclass starts off with the history of gin, explains how the alcohol and aromatics are distilled, and the fun begins where you mix your own blend of gin. While you are tasting the products of Bass and Flinders, enjoying a cheese platter and a G & T, your bespoke gin is being bottled and labelled for you to take home. All this with a small group, about 20, ensures a personal experience. And don't be nervous about whether you know enough to select your own aromatics, thie basics are explained step by step.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Last stop for the day and wow the gin was fabulous. Straight up shots then a couple with a little bit of tonic. Very enjoyable especially their Cerise gin and added to a sparkling wine yummy.....our host William was a lot of fun and very knowledgable. Great stop

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience. The chance to learn about gin and mix our own recipe was excellent.
Pauline our sommelier and guide other than having the most perfect accent was knowledgeable, entertaining and fun. This activity is highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Mixing gin, drinking gin, talking about gin while tasting gin... if you're a gin enthusiast, Bass and Flinders Gin Masterclass may be nirvana. The venue was lovely, as were the staff and the gin. Someone is on hand to provide advice and help rescue any gins people made that weren't tasting as intended. Making and tasting our own gins was such fun and we would definitely recommend this class. Cracked open one of the gins we made last night and it was delicious! Now I want to come back and make more...

Recommend you bring a sober driver, as we enthusiastically sampled a fair bit of gin during the masterclass.

1  Thank Perfectly_Pippa