All reviewsclean facilitiescamp kitchencaravan parklots of spacesmall poolcamper trailerquiet locationroad tripthe ownertown centreshadecabinkangaroossitebushlandaccommodationseclusion
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Terrific park in a bushland setting, walking distance out of the township. Spacious sites, very quiet and well planned. Well maintained and clean facilities. Probably best suited for couples/ retirees, although there is a small pool and a playground for children.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We have enjoyed several stays at Shady Gully Park, tenting and caravanning. A little away from the beachfront, this is a quiet, well priced, no frills park with a great camp kitchen and clean facilities. Great for a family or a couple, proximity to bushy walks, not far from Mallacoota town Centre. We will be back.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a cabin which was well appointed and we were well looked after. Very friendly greeting and extremely helpful. Nice pool; quiet residents, had a great sleep.
Good value
Will definitely return.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Really liked this place. The accommodation in the Gunya was very cool. Place itself was really clean and nice. The owner was friendly and the park itself was large. Not very far from the main town. Mozzies were a bit of an issue for me but nothing the Aerogard couldn't handle.

Room Tip: Choose the Gunya or bring your own caravan
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We initially booked Shady Gully for mid year 2017 given it accepted pets. At the time of booking at that time we expressed we had two dogs (cocker spaniels) Sadly due to illness within the family we called & changed our booking for the Christmas period arriving boxing day. Again I spoke to them for approx. 10 mins & at the time no one mentioned that no dogs were accepted during the December period hence we turned up Boxing Day with our fur babies. After setting up our tent the one of the owners (male) came down and abruptly told us we had to leave as they don't accept dogs. I was handed a number & told to get them babysat if we wanted to say. He did not even seem interested in exploring with us how the error had been made as I stated we would never have booked if it was not a pet friendly park. Then he said we don't accept pets in peak season & I twigged how the error had occurred. When we explained that we had just driven 8 hrs and I had MS and was exhausted he again just repeated his statement that we can't stay. This was late in the day & had to hunt around for accommodation elsewhere. Everyone tried to assist us and even those who didn't have vacancy tried in vain to assist. Luckily another park made some amendments to accommodate us. We were still setting up 10.30 that evening. As I later stated to the mans business partner when we went back to get our money & tent - its the manner that we were treated that was just awful. Many solutions could have been sort such as the grace to stay the evening & place dogs in car while we seek alternative accommodation in the morning etc. I am never one to write a poor review as I live by the motto if you have nothing nice to say say nothing. However on this occasion the rude, ruthless management of this complex situation was uncalled for & bad business management in my opinion. I would never recommend this park as we were basically put out on the street with our child & dogs at the busiest time of the year.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Chris P, Owner at Shady Gully Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Hi Dianne,

We have a no pets allowed in peak season on all of our confirmation letters and our web site.

If you had of read your confirmation you would have read this.

At no stage did I ask you to leave immediately, you were told of our policy and I gave you the number of a local sitter then I left it with you to decide on what you would like to do.
I told you to come to the office once you decide on what you would like to do. You were the one that packed up. I would have been more than happy for you to stay the night but you never give us the chance to discuss it…..

Any way I am glad you were accommodated and hope you enjoyed your time at Mallacoota
EDITDELETE