A'Wangralea Mallacoota(Mallacoota)(Great Value!)
US$ 66
The Wave Oasis(Mallacoota)(Great Value!)
US$ 128
Ballymena Holiday Units(Mallacoota)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
Agoda.com
US$ 173
Orbitz.com
Heritage House Motel & Units(Eden)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
Twofold Bay Motor Inn(Eden)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
US$ 92
Priceline
US$ 80
  • Free Internet
Eden Motel(Eden)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclean facilitiescamp kitchencaravan parklots of spacesmall poolcamper trailerquiet locationroad triptown centreshadecabinkangaroossitebushlandaccommodationseclusiontrack
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We initially booked Shady Gully for mid year 2017 given it accepted pets. At the time of booking at that time we expressed we had two dogs (cocker spaniels) Sadly due to illness within the family we called & changed our booking for the Christmas period arriving boxing day. Again I spoke to them for approx. 10 mins & at the time no one mentioned that no dogs were accepted during the December period hence we turned up Boxing Day with our fur babies. After setting up our tent the one of the owners (male) came down and abruptly told us we had to leave as they don't accept dogs. I was handed a number & told to get them babysat if we wanted to say. He did not even seem interested in exploring with us how the error had been made as I stated we would never have booked if it was not a pet friendly park. Then he said we don't accept pets in peak season & I twigged how the error had occurred. When we explained that we had just driven 8 hrs and I had MS and was exhausted he again just repeated his statement that we can't stay. This was late in the day & had to hunt around for accommodation elsewhere. Everyone tried to assist us and even those who didn't have vacancy tried in vain to assist. Luckily another park made some amendments to accommodate us. We were still setting up 10.30 that evening. As I later stated to the mans business partner when we went back to get our money & tent - its the manner that we were treated that was just awful. Many solutions could have been sort such as the grace to stay the evening & place dogs in car while we seek alternative accommodation in the morning etc. I am never one to write a poor review as I live by the motto if you have nothing nice to say say nothing. However on this occasion the rude, ruthless management of this complex situation was uncalled for & bad business management in my opinion. I would never recommend this park as we were basically put out on the street with our child & dogs at the busiest time of the year.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Chris P, Owner at Shady Gully Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Hi Dianne,

We have a no pets allowed in peak season on all of our confirmation letters and our web site.

If you had of read your confirmation you would have read this.

At no stage did I ask you to leave immediately, you were told of our policy and I gave you the number of a local sitter then I left it with you to decide on what you would like to do.
I told you to come to the office once you decide on what you would like to do. You were the one that packed up. I would have been more than happy for you to stay the night but you never give us the chance to discuss it…..

Any way I am glad you were accommodated and hope you enjoyed your time at Mallacoota
EDITDELETE

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The staff here are the friendliest around. No matter how busy they are there is always time for a friendly hello. Sites are of a very generous size & you don't feel hemmed in or smothered by others.

Amenities are very clean & large enough to cater for busy times. Plenty of room to hang your washing out & the washing machines handle larger loads than usual. The park is close enough to all facilities but is also far enough to get the seclusion & tranquillity.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a quick overnight business trip. We stayed in the Gunya luxury cabin and were quite impressed at the cleanliness of this 'caravan park cabin'. Good value for money. Friendly staff and Kangaroos grazing everywhere at dusk.
No complaints, lovely.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Me and my partner stayed overnight in of the ensuite cabins. Was nice and clean and cute and all we need for staying one night whilst passing through. on the down side it was a bit far from town but the hosts were kind enough to let us know about the courtesy bus available if we wished to go to the pub

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2017

We stayed at a powered caravan site with our small A-van for three nights, just after the close of the Vic scholl holidays. Very quiet, grassy sites and excellent, clean facilities. About a km out of Mallacoota township, but so much better than the big town camping area for people who don't mind a slower pace of life. A nice little bushwalk from the site leads onto the more manicured town tracks - saw a lyrebird next to the track.
Would definitely recommend this caravan/camping site.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple