“Excellent Food, atmosphere and service”
Review of Restaurant at Mount Rael - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had a fantastic dinner here, the food was very good value for money and the staff were so attentive and made us feel very spoilt. What a shame it is closing in December as I would have spent many more visits here. The views are spectacular!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The view from this restaurant is phenomenal. The food is amazing, however our waiter was a little awkward and clumsy - but overall lovely.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had a fantastic lunch here. Staff were very friendly. The views are amazing and it's such a pity that they are closing in December. Get in quick!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

WOW this place is just beautiful!! A MASSIVE thank you for our beautiful night at Mr Rael last weekend. 4 Girls, amazing views, beautiful food and of course delicious Punt Road bubbles! We had such a relaxing time and as per our previous visit we were treated like Royalty. Annie you are so kind and friendly and made us feel so very welcome - like we were old friends. I wish I had of discovered Mt Rael years ago so we could have enjoyed it many more times!! Your knowledge of the area and winery suggestions were also spot on. We enjoyed a bottle of bubbles at the gorgeous Dominique Portet winery before a very relaxing lunch at Medhurst which was also spectacular! Thank you again and all the best for your new ventures! Cheers Michelle Skerritt

Reviewed 28 May 2013

First off I booked a table of 27 for my birthday lunch. $45 per person for a 2 course meal, sounded great. Previously been to this venue years ago it had great food and great service. So a few days before my lunch i had a few cancellations so i rang Mt Rael and asked for a table of 23 (which was fine)

We get there on the day, get seated and the host walks over and asks "Is this everyone then?" (I had a few cancellations the morning of so we only had 17 people. I replied yes lets order. After our meals, which were extremely small and very average taste wise for a so called "5 star resturant" I asked for the bill.

The host comes back and says "well first we need to sort out a 'matter' first"
I replied shocked "What matter??" The host replies "Well as you have booked your tables for 23 people i am going to have to charge you for 23 people so before you pay your bill you owe us $270 ontop of your bill for the 6 people who did not show up

I replied "Excuse me, but you NEVER told me that when i booked these tables and if that was the case, we defently would not have eaten here" I also added "You also came up to us earlier before we ordered and asked me if this was it 17 people? to which i said yes, wouldn't have that been the time to tell us we would have to pay $45 per person who did not show, NOT AFTER WE HAD EATEN then tell us we owe you 270!"

The host replied (extremely rudely) "This is common knowledge, you should have known!"

To which i replied "No! its certainly not common knowledge, or fair to charge people $45 per head for people who dont show up, its eniviltable that when you book a table that some people cannot make the day due to sickness etc. we are not paying for people who arnt here, if that was the case you could have told us BEFORE we had eaten not after"

To which the host replied "I will speak to my boss" She then returned and said "how about we pay half each?" To which my husband replied "No way, we are paying for our food and drinks which wasnt very nice and the service was horrible"

To which the host replied "Well i hope you know this money will be coming out of my wage" To which we were like "Yes im sure it is (sarcastically" and she said "Just know for next time" To which we replied "Thank you but there wont be a next time"

PLEASE STEER CLEAR OF THIS RESTURANT besides the beautiful view it is not worth the money, the food is no where near the class it should be for what you pay, the food tastes better at the local pubs. and again the STAFF ARE HORRIBLE and RUDE.. Overall extremely dissapointed this resturant has so much potential but the owners, staff and chefs have ruined it.

3  Thank Mel T