All reviewswood firedvd's to watchhot air balloonsspa baththe cottagesloaf of breadrolling hillsmelbournewineryweekendwineriesprivacydeckjamsmilkserenitysurroundings
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

The living area is quite large for 2 people.
Wood fire if you want it.
Cooking facilities if you need them

Spa that works well, although a bit high to get into.
Plenty of continental breakfast supplies included.
Great views.
Only downside was 2 globes were out, that didn't upset our stay.
Would have been great to spend more than a single night.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2016

It's definitely an experience way beyond expectation. The room is clean and tidy when we arrived. Checking in and out of the accommodation is hassle free. Breakfast such as cereals, bread, milk, yogurt etc are provided.
The view from the accommodation itself is so amazing that pictures doesn't do any justice. The sunset, the sunrise accompanied with hot air balloons floating around and the night sky are simply breathtaking.
Overall, we had a great time in outlook hill and will definitely recommend people to stay with them.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SiHua0
Reviewed 28 January 2016

My husband and I recently stayed for our 5th wedding anniversairy. Check in was easy and the cottage was lovely and the view was amazing! The continental breakfast was everything you need or could want. The bed was comfy and we had a lovely quiet time looking at the view and listening to the sounds of the bush. The only negatives (which were very trivial) there were a couple of huntsman spiders which was very funny watching my husband get them back out to the bush, and the shower could have been a bit cleaner, but this would not stop me staying again and overall a lovely place and time away, wish it could have been longer. We forgot something at the property which the owner promptly sent back to us, which was so nice.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2015

My partner and I picked this accommodation as it was recommended by some friends, it had a wonderful view from the private balcony and is in an excellent location.. Unfortunately we were extremely disappointed with the customer service and quite a few other aspects.. It was supposed to include a continental breakfast as this was INCLUDED in the room rate and there was NONE?! we had to wait for the first winery to open at 11am to get food, a few of the light globes were also out in the cottage, there was mould around the spa bath, the heater hardly worked and there was no wifi. There was just no communication, e.g. regarding keys, check in/out times, no reception, no common area to find breakfast etc. We had requested early check in at 9am over a month before we booked, which was confirmed by the accommodation, I also reiterated that we're from Melbourne and required the accommodation early to leave our car and bags there before we hopped on a winery tour, I was extra cautious with the booking as we wouldn't be able to drive home after a full day of drinking. When we got there the person could not speak english, there was even a translator, I explained who we were and even had to get the confirmation email out, they had no record of us and explained that the manager had gone out to "breakfast" so they couldn't do anything until he was back, this was so frustrating as the bus was picking us up in 30 minutes for the winery tour. I explained that to them and said that at a bare minimum we needed confirmation of a room before we left as we'd have no where to go when we got back, they said they couldn't authorise that and they would need to keep calling the manager until he picked up. We waited an hour and they still couldn't get in touch with the manager, they told us to get on the bus for our tour and that they'd sort it out while we were gone, I wasn't happy with this at all but said it was okay as long as they could put our dinner in a fridge somewhere, they said they also couldn't authorise fridge use without the manager (what the hell?!) and that we'd have to leave it in the car, I let them know it was a chicken curry and it had to go in the fridge as we'd be gone for 8 hours, they said they couldn't help us and that it would be fine in the car, at this point the winery bus arrived and we were so frustrated and confused we explained this to our tour guide and the lovely lady took all of our food and put it in her own personal fridge down the road, and then she dropped it back off 8 hours later after the tour (absolute legend!), the manager never said sorry and didn't phone us until 12 midday to tell us they made a mistake and have now found our room. When we got back the keys were in the room door, we never heard from them, and for all they knew we'd lost our dinner! Sorry but I would never recommend this place to anyone unless they really just needed something desperately in the area for a night, communication fail!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank jessJ8483TU
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great location with stunning views of the vineyard and surrounding countryside - very private. What a treat to see the hot air balloons drift across the mist early in the morning. The local dog was good company and welcomed us with plenty of enthusiasm. The cottage was well appointed and perfect for our stay in the Yarra.

Just a couple of things that I should mention as part of the review - we did find all the notes instructing guests what 'not to do' a little confronting. Beware of noisy water pump that switches on and off at regular intervals during the night. Wine tasting of the Outlook Hill Wines, was only available to 4x people or more, so we missed out on that experience. Tasting wines from the very vineyard you are staying in would have been a perfect thing to do.... maybe next time !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple