“Great local Cafe”

Monday Morning Cafe
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Thornleigh
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I literally live steps away from this cafe. Lovely service and great food on the go! Nice little warm atmosphere of outdoor heaters now it's winte.. Green smoothie i highly recommend! Along with the linguine

1  Thank KeerynnLouise

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We came here about 6 months ago and enjoyed our breakfast. We had interstate visitors today so decided to go back. I did read some of the bad reviews but thought I would give them a go given my previous experience.
Two words. Don't bother.

The milk in the coffee had been over boiled. The coffees were not enjoyable.
Some of the table ordered the egg and bacon rolls in a milk bun. They arrive in normal buns with a lot of the egg white uncooked.
I had the avo on toast with feta and tomato.
There was only two cherry tomatoes on the toast and after eating about half of it - I really wasn't enjoying it so I stopped.
While I waited for others to finished I started picking at the feta. That's when I realised it was off. I told the waitress - she took the plate away and then came back and offered a fresh one. I had lost my appetite so I refused. Given we had paid in advance there was no offer of a refund.
Someone on the table ordered a coffee before we left and they didn't even offer to put it on the house.
Poor service. Below average food.

1  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Like the title says, how things change. Popped into Monday Morning this morning with a client for morning tea. The Cafe wasn't particularly busy but the service was extremely slow. People sitting around us were complaining about having to wait for forty minutes to receive their ordered coffees which wasn't a great indication as to how things would progress for us.

After waiting for nearly thirty minutes I asked about our order, but the staff had fairly poor communication skills and the correct message didn't get through. We were presented with somebody else's order. I made mention that it wasn't right, but the staff member insisted that it was what we wanted. Honestly I couldn't be bothered asking again, and was about to drink the coffee when the staff member rushed over and took the coffee saying something like "mistake order"
I dont know whether the cafe had stand in staff to cover an absence, but it really wasn't a great visit today.
Would I go back to Monday Morning? Possibly but only because there isn't a lot to choose from in the area.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

As it's holiday time we decided to combine a walk with a breakfast stop at the Monday Morning Cafe opposite Thornleigh railway station. We both enjoyed simple breakfasts, but the real highlight was the coffee, that the barista obviously cares deeply about.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

Great coffee, average food and on this occasion poor service. The french toast was bland and they kept bringing us the wrong food (repeatedly) then wanted to take away our order ( number). Took along time to get our food. BUT I wold come for the coffee.