“Beautiful setting...”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

WOW, what a beautiful place for a restaurant… amazing views. I was here as part of a group booking for a saturday lunch. We were told not to be late - we needed to be there at 12 and out by 2 for the next group. Arriving early, the staff set a few of us up in the bar which is lovely. It is gorgeously decorated and opens up onto a small deck. Once the group arrived, we were escorted to our teeny tiny table. We had 2 pregnant ladies with us and I found the seats very narrow and uncomfortable so I am sure they struggled! As a group we had the $56, 2 course set menu - there were 5-6 different options for each course. The food was fine. Be prepared when the bill comes, they include 'gratuity' which for our group was around $90. We were all ok with this, but we handed over extra cash and they didn't bring back the change which was disappointing. I thought the service was excellent and the food was 'fine', but I think it is quite overpriced. And for such a beautiful location, it was only half full on Saturday afternoon with some of Sydney's beautiful people. I can't imagine this place sticking around for long - especially given some of the reviews posted. I wouldn't come back to the restaurant but maybe some drinks at the stunning bar.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was invited by some friends to join them for lunch on Australia Day. The weather was a little on the rainy side but this did not dampen our spirits. The food was tasty (if a little small on the portion size) and the staff friendly and informative. As a group we enjoyed out lunch and had this been my only visit I would have marked the restaurant as Good. Sadly on returning for dinner the experience was very very different. I had made a booking via email and I had changed this twice due to travel problems. This was 100% acknowledged by myself when we arrived for dinner. What I was very disappointed about was the fact that having requested a good table at the very back of the restaurant and this was acknowledged in the reply email we were given a poor table right by the bar / entrance. This was deeply embarrassing as I was taking two old friends on the basis of my great lunch. The Manager was deeply offensive and quite simply out of his depth. He was forward in the very fact that he kept repeating my christian name having never met me before. Perhaps this is the Australian way but it is disrespectful in my mind. There was little attempt to improve our evening and this left me with a seriously sour taste in my mouth. I echo 'cchai's' review comments. Sadly I will NOT be returning and urge you to give this place a wide berth. Dinner was overpriced and a great disappointment given the super lunch I had had.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Why were wine glasses with stems invented???You can bet they don't know the answer here. Wine is served in kitchen tumblers which they clearly do because they think it is 'on-trend'. Yawn. At $13 per glass my wine deserves better! When asked if I could swap glasses there was a curt 'No' and by the way we need your table at 8.30 so move it along. Yes the view is amazing but from the park next door it is free. Take a picnic and some nice wine (with lovely glasses!) and enjoy. My recommendation is don't waste your money on this up itself place.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This place is very Sydney great view food & wine excellent and service good too.
Formerly the Pier restaurant with 3 chefs hats it was re badged as a more accessible restaurant.
The prices ( wine & food) are sufficiently high to make it not that accessible, more of a special occasion place.
Having said that with this view there will be plenty of customers always.

2  Thank wanderingjulie
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

After booking and confirming for 30 guests with me, they took my credit card and confirmed the booking. When we turned up they did not book for us and could not accommodate us.

So here I am with 30 guests and they were rude, unaccommodating, and shuffled us out of the place with nowhere to go.

I will never return.
We will never return.
I hope everyone we know will never return.

Disgusting and rude. How dare you!

5  Thank cchait