Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 81
View deal
Booking.comUS$ 81
Snaptravel
Hotels.comUS$ 73
All reviews turkish cafe great coffee spa bath pleasant stay permit
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2021

We stayed at the Manly Lodge Boutique hotel as a family of 5 adults in March. The location was great, central to everything we needed. The space was adequate and the price was good BUT it was absolutely filthy. The was food left in the fridge, the walls are floor were covered in grime and the furniture unusable. In these days of Covid we felt so uncomfortable with the hygiene and would never recommend it. Check out the couch

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

I’m not usually one to leave reviews, especially negative ones, but I feel others should be warned about this accommodation.

The location is fantastic. The price was cheap and the staff we met were lovely. But...

We had booked the family room and a standard room for our family: two under five kiddies, us, and my parents. I knew the accommodation was cheap and I had reasonably low expectations. But after we checked in I realized we just couldn’t stay there.

In the family room, the towels were hard and felt dirty and when I went to hang them in the bathroom a bunch of dead ants fell out onto the white bed sheets. There was a lizard running across the floor. Outside the family room looked to be a dumping ground for old broken household items. The room was old and outdated, which I had expected, but it was also unclean and with a terrible odor. Definitely not safe or appropriate for kids.

It was raining and the walkways outside the rooms were slippery and dangerous.

We were in Manly for a wedding and I felt dirty just looking at the shower let alone showering in it.

It was so bad that we sacrificed our $500 deposit and walked away.

So in summary, only stay here if you can handle the kind of accommodation where you’re really roughing it. Otherwise, it’s worth splashing out for something acceptable!

Apologies for the lack of photos, I couldn’t stand to be in there any longer than I had to.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

I’m sorry to say this is the most dodgiest accommodation we have ever stayed at.

I booked the budget room as I got confused with the listing and thought I book standard. We were down at Manly for a sporting event and we had lots of friends stay there. Accommodation was at a premium.

We camp, stay in swags, have used hostels and also travelled quiet a bit to Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, New Zealand and San Fransisco - we are comfortable with all types of accommodation if clean.

We ended up with the first room off the entrance which I nicknamed the hobbit room. My husband and I think it was about 2.5 x 2.5m. On entry I was shocked at how small it was. I checked with reception and realised my mistake in the booking. There was a window but we couldn’t open it, the room was filthy, it smelt mouldy and I’m sure the room hadn’t been used for a while as the sheets smelt dusty.

We went out to buy supplies and I bought a candle to take the smell off the room. Unfortunately there was no other accommodation available within a reasonable budget due to the major event we were attending. And I would have definitely paid $300 a night to get out of there !!!

The pictures on any booking sites are extremely old. The roof leaks in the main atrium, walls have paint peeling off due to water damage. Some rooms are ok but the place leaves a lot to be desired.

Our room kitchen had one spoon so we shared breakfast cereal from the same bowl, the bathroom is only big enough for 1 and if you are over 5.10 tall expect to sit side on the toilet - there isn’t enough room to put your legs between the vanity and the toilet seat. Three door locks and only one worked. Dust, mould, dirty floors ....The list goes on and on.

I would never stay here again.

The staff are quite friendly though.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2020

We stayed for only one night and from check in to check out our experience couldn't have been better. The gentleman at reception was exceptionally helpful and polite. The room exceeded my expectations. It was small but big enough for a queen bed, fridge and a bathroom with a spa bath. Sure we had no view but i wasn't in Manly to sit around the hotel watching TV. The hotel is only 100m to the beach such a great location. The onsite Turkish cafe is great too although only open in the mornings. The only pain point is parking as only a limited amount of parking permits available and Manly is crap and expensive to park otherwise. Ideally you will come by ferry which is only a 3 minute walk away.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 15 November 2019

Super location close to everything Manly has to offer. Superior rooms pleasant, but don’t take a basic unless all you want is a bed. Had a pleasant stay last year, and renovations seemed to be underway. Unfortunately, results not evident. It’s tatty now. Major works needed. If you’re there for just a night or two and want to be near the sea both ends of the street, worth a punt. Cafe downstairs is a major plus for excellent Turkish brunch and great coffee. But despite the location, I won’t be staying again. I will drop into the cafe, though.

Date of stay: October 2019