“Peking Duck and San Choy Bow, Fantastic!”

Peacock Gardens Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 212 Restaurants in Crows Nest
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Peacock Gardens Restaurant is a modern Chinese restaurant servicing discerning diners throughout Sydney from its location in the inner northern suburb of Crows Nest. Peacock Gardens has won numerous awards, including Best Chinese Restaurant of 2007 and 2011 from the Restaurant and Catering Association, and the American Express Restaurant Award for Outstanding Performance & Service.
Reviewed 9 July 2016

My friend had an appointment in Artarmon before she went on holidays so we chose Peacock Garden in Crows Nest.
After 41 years under the same management they have got it just right.
It is a charming venue with great food that attracts lots of businessmen during the day and romantics and families at night.
We chose the stuffed Crab and San Choy Bow for entrée and half Peking Duck for mains. We ordered wine by the glass and were delighted with the quality of both food and service.

As we ate the owner circulated amongst his guest with a personal word for each one. The Peacock Gardens is one of the most “Customer Focused” restaurants I have ever visited.
As we left no less than four people thanked us for coming.
Perhaps my tip was a bit too much? I’ll be back.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Really superb food but it is way over priced and the wait staff always seem like it is an effort to serve you and they are extremely hurried - busy restaurant but no customer wants their food virtuality thrown at them and then ignored the rest of the sitting. This is their biggest downfall but the food is spot on - their customer service does need a big improve though.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 28 May 2016

My wife and I have visited Peacock Gardens for years now and love it because we can always rely on the quality of food and service. The menu doesn't change but the Peking Duck, Mongolian Lamb and Szechuan Beef are perennial favourites of ours.

Service is always prompt and efficient.

We also love that the wine list doesn't change so we are able to enjoy the Kapuka Sauvignon Blanc and the 375ml bottle of Henschke's Keyneton Euphonium Blend.

If you enjoy an ever-reliable Chinese restaurant that serves old favourites plus a selection of excellent seafood meals then you'll appreciate Peacock Gardens.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Have been going to this restaurant for more years than I care to remember and have never had a bad meal
Love the duck pancakes and king prawns in blackbean sauce the best I have had also the stir fried vegetables are wonderful
You will not be disappointed here service is flawless and prices reasonable

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 8 April 2016

We were over the dark side for errands and thought we would try a restaurant out so we went to Peacock Gardens in Crows Nest.
Strange walking into an old chinese place that has white table cloths and fancy service.
Spring rolls and steamed dim sims were good, half crispy duck pancakes were excellent, espcially picking the bones, mixed crisp vegetables were tasty and very fresh, the crispy king prawns with garlic and chilli were my fave - light and not too battery and spicy, but the surprise for me was the mongolian lamb, I am not a huge fan of it and try not to order it but husband wanted it and it was actually really good!
The food was great, atmosphere was OK - probably a good place to have a big night on the booze with your mates.
Only thing which I know is my own issue is the servicing of your food, they take your plates away and serve you something and then give you the rest. I like to serve it myself so I can pick out the egg.
Not the cheapest place to go but it was worth it.
Overall it was pretty good and I would definitely go back.

Date of visit: April 2016