“Lovely Food and Service ”

Our Place on Darling
Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Balmain
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Balmain
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Dined here midweek and their was quiet a few people in the restaurant. Wait staff are lovely and could not do enough for you. Service is very quick! The restaurant is lovely and I really like the bathrooms. You have to go upstairs and outside across a little bridge to get to them.

We ordered haloumi chips, which were absolutely amazing! For mains we got Gnocchi and beef medallion. The only negative thing I could say was the sauce on the gnocchi had to much of a vinegar taste to it. Even so it was lovely and I ate it. The gnocchi itself is one of the nicest I have tasted.

I would definitely return.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We loved our experience at Our Place on Darling. Modern Australian casual dining on the restaurant strip in Balmain, the service is friendly and food just lovely. You can choose to sit inside or take a seat outside and people watch. We had the pan fried sheeps cheese with flatbread and chilli jam to start and enjoyed the parmesan gnocchi and chicken mushroom truffle pappardelle for mains. The servings were not too big, so was able to fit the raspberry creme brulee in which was a lovely way to finish with coffee.

You can BYO but we enjoyed some of the wines by the glass including some favs of mine from Holm Oak in the Tamar Valley.

Family friendly with early bird promotion where kids eat free. All up a very enjoyable experience, highly recommend!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Marco and his team do a great job in consistently serving tasty meals always well presented. We sometimes use the upstairs for bookclub which is quieter. The staff are very attentive and service oriented. I don't think I have been disappointed from any of my visits to our place.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

A fabulous local that attracts people from all over
Food and service consistently great. Prices reasonable and the space upstairs is great if you want to be a little more private or rowdy as a group

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful restaurant! Warm and efficient service, amazing food and great atmosphere. If I lived nearby it would be my local