Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Pamela S
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Not such a beautiful home or garden”
Reviewed 11 December 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

When we first arrived at this property I thought this is going to be nice it had said Beautiful Home and Garden it had been refurbished and it looked quite modern but on further inspection it was really dirty and NOT Beautiful at all, the modern wooden floors were really sticky we could hear the sticky noise as we walked round, there were two toilets and both needed cleaning, they both had urine and excrement splashes around the top of the bowl and underneath the seats, all the sinks were dirty with scum too. The fridge needed a thorough wash it was dirty after LOTS of spillages and smelt. I would'nt say the cupboards were that clean either. The sheets in our bedroom were so thin you could see through them and each night that we laid on them the little holes in them got bigger and bigger and by the time we left they had turned into a rather large split but the mattress cover was the worse thing there was blood stains on it, Discusting, we took that off and thank god the mattress looked quite good. The mattress on one of the two single beds downstairs was quite badly stained and all the linen in the house needed washing it also smelt quite damp downstairs at times. I spent the hole of the first day of my holiday cleaning the place and we could'nt use the garden either as it was over grown with branches from the trees stretched across over the table and chairs, I was'nt going to be a gardener too. There was also about an inch gap under the entrance doors and the place was alive with great cockroaches and other crawlies. We hated the place which spoilt our first stay visiting our son in Australia, never again will we ever stay in a house there again if at all we ever go back which is such a shame because it did'nt need to be like that at all and would not have taken much too put right but the agency did'nt seem to care I was told to put my complaints in an email which I could'nt do until I got home as their wi fi was too expensive and at times they never replied to emails, I have even had to just request my security money refund as they had not refunded it the 5-7 working days after we left as they said they would, we have to check if it's been refunded now still, won't hold my breath think they should refund the bond cleaning charge too as the cleaners did not do their job I did it for them but only what I needed to do like I only cleaned one of the toilets so we had one to use. Think they must rely on previous tenants to clean the place Discusting.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being out and away from the property.
Liked least: Hated being in the property.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Dec 2015
This is an extremely over exaggerated review. We did receive a complaint from the tenant about cleanliness when she called to report a lamp that she had broken. We immediately offered to send housekeeping back out to rectify any issues that she had, as is our policy but she refused.

We do our best to deal with any issues to ensure our tenants have a great stay. We have been managing this property for about 2 years now and have never received any complaints. We have many people who regularly stay at the property because they love it so much. Also, we attempted to refund this tenants bond to an international back account and she had given us incorrect bank details costing us bank fees and exchange rate losses.

Travellers are raving about these Balmain hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing