“Awesome”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Balmain
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Awesome local with very strong buzz, congenial atmosphere, cozy fireplace, and the place was full. Bar staff very attentive. Pizza selection is awesome, like nowhere else. The "Chook on Fire" my fave. The tapas also delicious, particularly the chorizo and Barramundi skewers, and the croquettes scrumptious. The coconut rice pudding with toasted seeds and roast quince was reminiscent of your aunt's slow cooked desserts, whilst the mascarpone ice cream was otherworldly. Sublime. The sticky date pudding however was dry, almost burnt, and very unsticky. The only disappointment.

Everyone at the long benches so friendly and eager to interact, without being burdensome or nosy. Sat next to what appeared to be Barry Otto and his Danish mate, doing Tommy Raudonikus impersonations. Good times.

1  Thank Boodar
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We were in Balmain a few weeks ago and were looking for a good Sunday roast. This place had pretty good reviews so we thought we'd check it out. I had read somewhere that they had a small courtyard and it was a nice day so we thought it would be nice to sit outside. There were two guys behind the bar downstairs and one of them was friendly enough and when we enquired about the Sunday roast he said we could sit anywhere downstairs to eat. When I asked if they had a courtyard, the older guy automatically said "no". The younger guy then proceeded to tell us that they have a space upstairs as well. Once upstairs, we stepped into what looked like a fancy restaurant and the first thing we were asked was if we had a reservation. We said no and when he was about to reluctantly seat us we asked to have a look at the menu. We came here for one reason and that was for the roast! He said that the roast is $25 downstairs and $30 upstairs because "they bring it to you". Umm ok so by then both of us were so put off that we just left. Too pretentious for us. Plenty of other pubs in Balmain that do roast.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

I have visited The Riverview numerous times and I have never been disappointed. My friends and I like to have a few drinks here before heading out when we are in Balmain and often have food downstairs which is always yummy.

I have eaten in the restaurant upstairs which is a different dining experience. There is a relaxing & comfortable atmosphere, the staff are very friendly and knowledgable about the menu, and the food...well the plate was cleared!!

I enjoy spending a Sunday afternoon in the pub with friends enjoying a few drinks and listening to the fantastic live music on offer.

1  Thank Pheona L
Reviewed 9 June 2016

After my first visit to the Riverview I knew it wouldn't be my last. From the welcoming service across the bar to the very end when I was leaving i couldn't have fault any of it. I have visited a few times now and every visit is even better. The food is amazing, especially the pizzas and ravioli which are my favourite. It's definitely a place to go on a Sunday if you're craving a roast dinner. The staff are excellent and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

1  Thank aoifeb1669
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Attended for private function. Only way to describe it: sensational service/staff, welcoming, great space, incredible food!! Recommend it highly!

1  Thank Bianca S