Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 174
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
US$ 128
View deal
Official SiteUS$ 193
PricelineUS$ 199
Hotels.comUS$ 182
4,447 results
All reviews all you can eat south beach pool side lounge chairs view of the ocean beautiful beach aventura mall tiki jeremy cvs
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2021

Based upon your reputation and branding, I believe that you never want a guest to leave without feeling totally satisfied with their stay. Each guest should be important to you in terms of future business and positive social media feedback.

We have stayed at the hotel numerous times since 2009. We have never had an unpleasant stay which is reinforced by our repeated business. We have never had to make a formal complaint. Any minor issue we ever had, which were far and few between, were quickly addressed at the staff level and never escalated to the manager level.

On 09/19/21, after a long day of travel, we arrived to our room. Upon using the bathroom, the tank did not refill after each flush. This required that we reach into the tank and tap the float several times after each use to enable the tank refill. This was a minor inconvenience but we did not have time to contact the desk with a notification due to another problem of much greater concern.

Upon opening the door to the closet, which housed the micro and fridge, we observed a roach scramble with the sudden influx of light under the microwave. We did not observe the roach again during our attempt to locate and kill believing it went up into the microwave. Due to my age and experience, I am well aware of what roaches look like and identification was easy. I am sure you can imagine the shock and dismay of a traveler observing any type of pests and how that effects your immediate thoughts and concerns of transporting a pest back home.

I went to the front desk and advised one of the staff. I utilized the upmost discretion notifying the clerk so other guests did not overhear my conversation. I even initially wrote the word on a piece of paper. I did not want, what I hoped was an isolated problem, manifest to anything else.

We were moved to another room by the staff which we greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, the new room also had a problem. The drain to the shower was clogged which necessitated a response by maintenance. The phone in the room did not work therefore I had to travel to the lobby and back to make the notification. The staff member from maintenance quickly remedied the situation and had a pleasant demeanor. Unfortunately, all the hair and other unknown debris he extracted from the shower drain was thrown on the top of the bathroom trash can for us to view. He didn't take the bag with him.

This leads to another issue we had with our room being cleaned. We did leave the do not disturb sign on for handle for Friday and Saturday however when we went to the desk and requested the room be cleaned at a very early hour on Sunday. There was an appropriate amount of time to communicate our request to the housing staff. We observed the staff just starting out on our floor when we left the room and removed the sign prior to notification at the desk.

Another minor inconvenience was the use of our drink coupons. The staff seemed to be confused as to how the coupons could be redeemed. Some servers just took the coupons and applied them to the bill. Some of the bar tenders did the same. Other bartenders referred us to the front desk with our prepaid bill to have adjustments made. Even with the front desk staff, there was confusion as to how the coupons were to be redeemed. Our last interaction resulted in a consultation with the manager.

Despite all of the above, we gave the hotel another chance and stayed another night. Our flight home was cancelled and we decided to remain in place. The staff was accommodating and allowed us to stay in the same room. This was where we made the room cleaning request referred to earlier in this correspondence.

Your hotel is an upscale hotel and we pay accordingly for a premium service. One of the principles of good etiquette is recognizing the the good work of others, but also honesty. I recognize that many of your staff handled the situations appropriately and admirably. Therefore, I ask myself prior to this correspondence, really, how bad was my experience? Well, I had to deal with seeing roaches and the anxiety that goes along with that. There is also the disappointment associated with my perceived cost of the hotel vs. my experience/expectations. I had to stick my hand into the toilet to fix something. I had to file another complaint about the shower drain and viewing all that disgusting stuff to be removed from same casually laying on the top of the trash. And then, the confusion and miscommunication by the staff.

The totality of all those circumstances compared to the cost and expectations associated to said costs necessitate a formal correspondence of extreme disappointment. Based upon our previous experiences at the hotel, I refrain from the use of the word complaint.

I used to utmost discretion when speaking to the staff about the roaches. I will continue to use that same discretion by allowing you the opportunity to address my concerns prior to my final social media review of our stay. I do not feel it is fair to air grievances on line without the opportunity for management to have an open dialogue with us. Once you put up a negative review, that is all that people remember. They skip over the fact that management may have rectified the problem. Our past pleasurable experiences at the hotel factor greatly in our decision.

Date of stay: August 2021
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your loyalty to our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered with the assigned accommodations and the difficulties you experienced while shifting. We follow the most rigorous measures in the upkeep of our hotel and truly regret letting you down and not meeting your expectations. We will address your feedback with our pest control provider to take corrective measures.

Additionally, I extend my gratitude for your detailed comments regarding areas of opportunity where we certainly fell short of offering you an enjoyable experience. We also apologize for the service concerns during your visit and have followed up accordingly to improve our performance in these areas. We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience in these matters. Thank you for your constructive feedback, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Our check in was at 4pm on 7/30/2021. Check in was over two hours late. Soon after checking in to our room housekeeping walks right in to our room. The room was filthy. Sand all over the floor, couch, dirty counter tops, hair in the sink and shower, dusty in all the corners of the room, and crusty bird feces splattered all over the balcony and chairs. On our last night we saw cockroaches crawling along the top of the ceiling. At checkout we were offered a full refund for the horrible experience. We booked through Priceline and now the Resort Manager is denying that they offered us a full refund only a resort credit. Location is great but whatever you do don't stay in the executive suite room #600 with the roaches. Its a shame I have to write this review after I was offered a refund without even asking. Shame on you Newport and Priceline, you have no idea what customer service is. I'm calling the Florida Health Department.

Room tip: My tip is to not book at this motel which claims is a resort.
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank ashleygU7228NF
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2021

It is disappointing to know we failed to deliver you a stay that could meet your expectations. Our first preference is to ensure spotless accommodations for every guest, but we are extremely sorry we fell short in doing so while you were here. Your concerns have been shared with our housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service moving forward. Meanwhile, we will also check the status of the refund amount you have been promised. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Reviewed 7 August 2021

It's better!!! My family has been visiting this hotel for 20 years. Is it dated? Yes Are the ongoing renovations necessary ? Yes. We have just returned from a four day stay and it was like returning to our home. As always, staff members went above and beyond to facilitate our needs. We were traveling with an infant there for surgery and a toddler. Our entire family was embraced by so many many people. Nicolle and front desk staff extended every courtesy. Gary in the lobby took the time to show my grandson how to feed the birds. Sergio poolside was amazing and I cannot say enough for the housekeeping staff. Clearly the management is meeting their goal of a smallish hotel (compared to neighboring highrises) with exceptional personal service. I'll be glad when Room Service is reinstated. People that complain about the little things often miss the big picture!

Room tip: We did call the front desk two times for excessive noise late at night and those situations were resolved immediately.
1  Thank X9830KUcynthiad
Heather Cardone, Guest Services / Front Office at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

Thank you for the perfect review and for choosing us for your visit to Miami! We are thrilled to learn that from start to finish, your stay was nothing short of exceptional. Also, we are delighted to hear you were pleased with our colleagues, especially Nicolle and Gary, and will be sure to pass along your kind words. It was a pleasure having you at Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Thank you so much Lauren the bartender was very professional very helpful very nice very respectful ❤️ Great stay on the beach very pretty , hotel very clean ! Lots of great things to do here . Food amazing

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heather Cardone, Guest Services / Front Office at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2021

Thank you for the perfect review and for choosing us for your visit to Miami! We are thrilled to learn that from start to finish, your stay was nothing short of exceptional. Also, we are delighted to hear you were pleased with our colleague, Lauren, and will be sure to pass along your kind words. It was a pleasure having you at Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

I do not know why so many people hate on this hotel. A lot of the reviews are just people complaining about little and small things.
Me and my family down here for my Son’s surgery. We stayed beachside at this hotel.
The hotel and staff are excellent and no complaints! Bar, pool, and beach area are wonderful! We had a nice talk with Sergio who runs the pool area. He is fantastic and deserves a raise. Very friendly person and does an excellent job running the pool and beach services.
We would definatley stay here again and recommend this hotel in the future.

Room tip: Parking is across the street. Not difficult to get too. Its gated.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Darinwilkes9
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Thank you for choosing to stay at Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort and providing your feedback. We know it is not easy to be away from home, especially when it involves a hospital stay for a loved one. It is gratifying to know that our team members could make you feel comfortable and well cared for during your entire stay. We will be sure to share your kind compliments with Sergio for doing a great job. We hope your son is feeling better now and look forward to seeing you and your family again soon for another exceptional stay. Thank you again for the recommendation!