“Best in Miami: Family Fun + Nearby Nude Beach = Incredible!!!!!!!”

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 6 June 2006

We were a little apprehensive about staying at this hotel, for while most reviews praised the hotel, a few reviewers were less impressed. Well, my wife and I and our three children loved it! It was top-notch all the way considering the price. Per previous posts, we were aware that there are no non-smoking rooms and we did not want a smoky smelling room. Unfortunately, the room we received was very smoky smelling. We asked the front desk if we could try another room, and they complied and the next room had no smoky smell. Some reviews complained about the decor. Get real - it's not the Ritz, but the decor is just fine. The beds in our two room suite were great and the three TVs kept everyone happy.

The activiity staff was great - there is so much going on, you feel like you are at a resort in Cancun. The kids got into all the bingo games by the pool and other games, and there were plenty of contests for the adults, too. Great way for kids to meet new friends, too. We won so many free drinks and breakfasts, it was unreal.

Pool - awesome. Beach - incredible. Found out there is the most fantastic NUDE BEACH just 3/4 mile south of the hotel - Haulover Beach. While my mom and dad, who stayed in a room down the hall, watched our kids, I convinced my wife to walk down the beach and check Hauiover out. First time ever to a nude beach, and it was AWESOME! Nothing lewd about it - everyone very friendly, no gawkers, great concession stand, nude volleyball, clean restrooms. Take the walk or drive - just do it once in your life!

We'll be back soon to the Newport - next summer with the kids, and in four months just my wife and I will be there for our anniversary as we split our time working on our new passion for an all-over tan at Haulover and relaxing by the pool and beach at the Newport. It doesn't get any better than that!

• Stayed: June 2006
12  Thank JOEWATERS
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 June 2006

I just spent 5 days at the Newport Beachside Resort with my family and we had a great time. I think while a little outdated in their deco (very miami circa 1985), the services and amenities were great and the price even better. I wanted a place where I could relax with my family and that's what we did. The beach is beautiful and we had a room overlooking the ocean which was nice at night to sit out and enjoy the view. The pool had tons of activities and it was very clean. The food wasn't spectacular at any of the retaurants but it wasn't horrible. There's a lot of other restaurant choices close by if you choose to leave the resort.

Yes, there is construction around the area, but all of Florida is under construction! I highly recomend this place for a family looking for a good place to enjoy the beach and the pool , not for someone looking to go to Miami to party since it is a good 30 mins from South Beach. FYI- Valet parking is $12 not $18!!!! totally worth it....

I would totally go back.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed 2 June 2006

I've just returned from a weekend stay at the Newport Beachside Hotel and I have to say, the resort was magnificent. The service was incredible, the weather was beautiful and the beach was amazing. It was so hot and busy in town that I couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel.

The food was incredible, and the wait staff was very accommodating, helpful & polite. The pool is beautiful and the attendants were wonderful.

My room was set up in a very welcoming way and I was very happy to be at the resort. Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel/resort I've ever stayed at in Miami and I am extremely fussy and particular!!

Thank you again for a wonderful weekend and I look forward to returning and recommending this hotel to all my friends & family.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix
Reviewed 30 May 2006

Absolutely a pit.....Not a good thing to say. Peole are rude, they charge you for everything as in $18 a day to park and $8 a day service feeto use the pool and towels. Then, when you leave, they want YOU to strip the beds and tidy up the room before maid service comes. There is continuous construction on the hotel next door which wont be done for another year and the pier is boarded up so you cannot go out on it. The arcade is being renovated (the whole place needs it) and the pool is loud from 9 am to 11 pm. On the weekends, the general public takes over the beach and pool so it is very crowded.
They are renting out rooms on floors that are still undergoing renovation and the workers strart hammering and drilling early. It is a single Diamond rating from AAA according to the plaque on the wall but should be a -2.
DO NOT GO HERE!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 May 2006

I stayed there for 5 nights in earlier May. Nice location is right on the beach and very reasonable price. It is a very nice and clean beach. The hotel room is not dirty but I won’t say very clean since the hotel is old even they did remodel. Most staff are OK. I won’t say every staff is nice but at least they are helpful. If some of those can smile, that will be even better. That will be a nice hotel if

(1)You are smoker. There is no non-smoking room. You may not smell much in the room but when people smoke next door and you have allergy to smoke you feel you live in a smoke chamber. I think it is a problem of their old ventilation system. In my case, the worst time was earlier in the morning and late before bed time when my neighbor was smoking ( I could see them smoking at the balcony and then moved inside). It really depends on your luck whether you have smoking neighbors.

(2)You don’t have car. Unless you pay $18 valet parking per day, you need to walk across of the busy street (6 – 8 lanes) to get your car (still charge $8 per day). It is cumbersome because you need to U-turn to park since the parking is across of the street.

(3)Don’t eat in their restaurant. They charged me twice the only day I ate there for Sunday brunch. One of the cashiers looked rude but the omelet cook and waitresses\waiters are nice. I think that is the cashier charged me twice.

(4)Don’t have messy billing. As I said I found out they charged me twice at the restaurant when I checked out. The front desk told me to bring the statement over to the restaurant to verify it and then they gave me the credit back. They reprinted the statement and they did over credit so they had to reprint the statement again. After third try, I got a correct statement. However, when I came home, I found out they posted 2nd transaction on my credit card without my authorization. I called the hotel and talked to their manager and found the 2nd transaction is not in the system but he said he will give me the credit back. However, next day he had another guy called me and left me message. The statement I signed was incorrect and I didn’t pay for all resort fees yet so they have to charge me again because they found out later. Unbelievable!

(5)Don’t stay on Saturday night and don’t check in late. When I made reservation, I checked and made sure there are at least 2 beds (or 1 bed with sofa bed) in every room since I have a boy. However, when I checked in very late on Saturday night (I called 6 hours before I get there and make sure there was a room available), I found out there is only 1 bed in my room. I talked to the front desk and he said somebody lied to me about that and hotel was full so he could not do anything about it and told me to ask them again tomorrow to move in different room. I did and eventually I moved in different room and faced part of the ocean. However, it was horrible first night since some teens stayed across of my room and had party till 5 am so they opened and closed door frequently and knocked on the door once a while and I could heard some bodies might get drunk and talked very loud. It only happened on that Saturday night. After I moved to different room, I didn’t have the problem but faced smoker for a few days.

(6)Don’t have hidden charges. I made reservation through Orbitz so most people expect prepay all fees but they charged $8 resort fee & $8 parking per day. I had no surprise since I did some research so I saw complaints about that but I saw other guest surprised when they checked out. I don’t know why they don’t include $16 in the price because their price is still competitive by adding $16 per day. The hidden charge will only leave them bad reputation. Sounds Orbitz doesn’t include all the fees in the price since I don’t see Expedia customer complained about it. When I called Orbitz to find out how much resort fee they charge and they said $5 per day but when I got there and they said $8. I will avoid Orbitz and this hotel in the future when I book my travel.

When you get there, you will see a lot of brand new high rise buildings along the beach with the hotel. I think the construction is almost done so the construction doesn’t cause much noise. At lunch time, I saw some construction workers across from the hotel to use binocular to checks out rooms in my hotel so you have better close curtain when you change if your room face that side. I bet the area will be very crowd when people move in those new condos. I am pretty sure I won’t go back again.

9  Thank NMT
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
1.8 km away
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
2.7 km away
Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Re...
#7 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK