This review is from a late 20's couple and our stay was in August 2011 for a week. We are a young, adventurous, fun, in shape couple. We are not into five star dining, staying at the most expensive or fancy places or require everything picture perfect or the best. We like middle of the road and we keep money in mind and spend wisely. Here is our review from the Newport Beach Resort.
Overall experience was very good. Check in and check out were both good. The $18 valet parking fee per day is kind of expensive but what are you going to do. The Valet workers were very good and polite and always got the car quickly.
The rooms are very clean and we stayed in a 10th floor ocean front and it was gorgeous. Maids always kept it clean and the bathroom was clean upon arrival. The elevators absolutely sucked and we took the stairs several times because of the long wait especially during high traffic time because they only have two elevators. The 401 restaurant was excellant as well as the bar. The pool was clean and very nice.
South beach is a quick 30 minute drive as well as MIA or FLL airports. It is right in the middle of both. There are several other places to grab a bite or drink and the beach of course is amazing.
Haulover beach (nude beach) is the main reason we stayed at this hotel and it is a short 10-15 minute walk or less then five minute drive down the road but you have to pay to park everyday.
Tip: unless you plan on doing site seeing or visiting different places away from the hotel/beach dont rent a car, it will save a lot of money. There are several ways to get to South Beach without having a rental car.
We would go back and stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Sunny Isles Beach, Florida