“Food and service excellent, poor management”
Review of Cut 38

Cut 38
Reserve a table
Sun, 11/04
20:00
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 40
Description: A contemporary American steakhouse offering prime quality steaks, fresh seafood, seasonal produce in a stylish, relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited this place based on recommendations. We called and asked what time we could walk in and get a table and they told us kitchen closes at 10:15. We arrived at 10:05 and ordered the entire meal to get the order in ASAP. Before we were finished the manager blasted our table with a bright light and turned off the music. Our bill was over $200 and we ate with haste. We kindly requested he turn the spotlight off while we finished our drinks and he refused. It was horrible. Good steak. Nice waiter. Horrible restaurant etiquette. Won’t be back.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (158)

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

We sat outside on the high top tables. The waitress was excellent. We ordered the espresso martinis which were fabulous and you could taste the coffee in it. Ordered the burgers and they were also very good, cooked perfectly. The only complaint I would have is the fact that people are allowed to smoke at the bar, and smoke went right into our faces. Other than that it’s a great place.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

Excellent 44oz Porterhouse split between two. Wasn’t crazy about the steak sauce, but I’ve never been a steak sauce guy. Excellent side dishes and Key Lime pie was delish! Service good and timely.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 11 January 2021

I am a local in sunny isles and have eaten here multiple.times over the last year plus. The last few times I ate here I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the service as well as the quality of the food. I've had lunches and dinners here with my 7 year old daughter. Tonight, my daughter and I were denied service. We were told that we could not sit down for dinner because my daughter is not 11 years old or older. I am completely and utterly shocked and disgusted by this random and unsubstantiated garbage policy. I asked to speak to the owner and was rudely shrugged away being told that he was unavailable. This is a restaurant. They serve dinner. Why on earth am I being discriminated against and not being allowed service for dinner because I have a child with me? Why is my daughter being discriminated against because she is younger than 11 years old? It is preposterous and probably a legal issue. As a local who lives in sunny isles year round and is a major source of business to our local restaurants and stores throughout all the months of the year, I am highly offended by the clear disregard and lack of appreciation our local businesses have for the year round residents of the city. I hope the owner of this establishment reconsiders his ridiculous idea of a policy and learns to treat all patrons the same regardless of their age because at the end of the day, my money is just as green as anyone elses.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 30 November 2020

Good food and service, but limited menus. No veal or grilled chicken, for example,. Fairly priced. $35 corkage fee is off the top, many restaurants not more than $25.

Date of visit: October 2020